Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
AMD Vega 56
My installer is freezing at 2 minutes remaining if I leave the installer log open it seems to freeze with error could not convert drive to APFS. I have tried pre formatting it in APFS which did not work. I tried running the skip APFS option in terminal that is in the install guide but it just gives me an error. I also started with Mojave but that doesnt even boot. I have changed all recommended settings in BIOS. I have not seen any guides for this motherboard and would really like to get this working so that other people will have a guide to go by for this one. My System has the following.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
CPU: i9-9900K
RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz
GPU: AMD Vega 56
SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO

Currently the GPU has been pulled out. There is only 1 stick of RAM in the system and only the SSD is plugged in. I am using the USB 2.0 port for the installer drive and my keyboard is in the other USB 2.0 port. My mouse is in the 3.0 Port and still works when installer boots. I have redownloaded and redone this flash drive probably almost 10 times now. My flash drive is a USB 2.0 drive too.

For some reason only High Sierra has worked but again it freezes at 2 minutes remaining. I came here for help to see what else I can try with this since I am stuck and really wanna get this going. My main goal for this system is to run Mac OS, Linux, & Windows if that's actually possible I figured to get that to work I was going to get Mac OS working then disconnect that drive and install Windows & Linux in dual boot on another drive then plug Mac Drive back in and hope that I can still boot in all 3.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help, other than saying that I successfully ran an install of High Sierra on an Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming, so the motherboard shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks for the reply I ended up figuring it out for some reason I could not do APFS but I read instructions wrong on when to run that ignore APFS option. What I had to do was let the installer freeze then shut it down. Then I rebooted into installer again ran the ignore APFS options and then restarted into the installer and then the install finished. Everything is working except restart and shutdown. Its asking me to do a software update though can I do that? I will do a carbon copy first of-course I'm just curious if it should just work?

are you able to install Mojave without problems on this MB ???
which guide did you use?
thank you

Thanks for the reply I ended up figuring it out for some reason I could not do APFS but I read instructions wrong on when to run that ignore APFS option. What I had to do was let the installer freeze then shut it down. Then I rebooted into installer again ran the ignore APFS options and then restarted into the installer and then the install finished. Everything is working except restart and shutdown. Its asking me to do a software update though can I do that? I will do a carbon copy first of-course I'm just curious if it should just work?

are you able to install Mojave without problems on this MB ???
which guide did you use?
thank you
hello, did you manage to install osx on your Motherboard? To me it goes in block two minutes from the end of the installation, My motherboard is an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back