Motherboard
MSI MEG Z490 Unify - Open Core
CPU
i9-10900k
Graphics
RX580 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Decided it was time to make the leap to Open core on my laptop so I can upgrade to Big Sur (currently on Catalina with clover)

I think I've followed the guide at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/, attached is my dumped DSDT and EFI from installer USB.

While booting the installer, I am getting stuck just after the IOConsoleUsers section. I cannot force PCIe 3.0 link speed in the BIOS, I've tried both CSM on and off, and tried with each of the Coffee Lake framebuffers in the WEG docs. Device ID is 9B3E0000, i've tried both with and without manually specifying that, as well as with each CFL DevIDs in the WEG docs.

I'm using the enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix and enable-max-pixel-clock-override for 4k compatibility.

Any pointers?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    48.9 KB · Views: 52
  • EFI.G5.OC.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20210209_151641224.jpg
    PXL_20210209_151641224.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 61
  • opencore-2021-02-09-151413.txt
    256 KB · Views: 91
try adding -igfxmpc and -cdfon to bootargs

I ended up removing framebuffer-patch-enable, framebuffer-stolenmem, and framebuffer-fbmem, and replacing enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix with dpcd-max-link-rate = 0x14, and now all is working.

I ended up removing framebuffer-patch-enable, framebuffer-stolenmem, and framebuffer-fbmem, and replacing enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix with dpcd-max-link-rate = 0x14, and now all is working.
Could you maybe share your latest working EFI, I am having the same issue

Could you maybe share your latest working EFI, I am having the same issue
Sure! Here is my working EFI. Type-C to HDMI/DP cable works with video out, but HDMI does not. Haven't messed with the audio port at all so no idea if that works.

Attachments

• EFI.G5.5587.OC.0.66.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back