Contribute
Register

Install fails ( abnormal code: 1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hackintosh will not boot without FakeSMC.kext. This kext can either be in CLOVER/EFI/kexts/Other on a High Sierra (or in CLOVER/EFI/kexts/10.12 on a Sierra) or it can be on the boot partition in /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions.

What are you booting from to get to the desktop that you generated this screen cast from? Which drive is your BIOS booting clover from? You could technically be booting your BIOS to a clover on any of your physical disks but you need to know. If this is not absolutely clear to you, disconnect all drives but one. If it boots properly, that's the EFI Clover is booting.

You are either booting from EFI on disk0 and FakeSMC.kext is in /S/L/E or /L/E on your root partition, or you're not booting this disk0 Clover EFI. Need to understand exactly what is allowing you to boot.

Hmm while I was playing around with the High Sierra betas I could always load my Sierra and see the apfs-formatted SSD drive. I run Sierra on an nvme with @RehabMan and PikeRAlpha's NVME fixes and High Sierra on an SSD. So Sierra can read apfs disks ok far as I can tell.

So you have Sierra on an SSD and you installed High Sierra to an NVME. Now Sierra can't see the NVME. It could before, so you had the NVME fixes applied in Sierra? HackrNVMEFamily.kext etc? You're booting clover from the Sierra SSD with the NVME fixes in it?

Yes that is correct I have the backup Sierra on the SSD and I tried to install High Sierra to the NVME. Now when booting Sierra from the backup I can't see the NVME drive to restore to. Yes I had the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml installed to boot from the NVME. I deleted that before starting the update and I also deleted the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext from L/E. The backup is a clone so all the NVME fixes will be there.

Was it wrong to delete the NVME fixes before trying to upgrade?

@aol following your suggestion I removed all of my drives but the one with Sierra. The boot went smooth, as before. Then, since I have nothing in my /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, I looked in /System/Library/Extensions -> no FakeSMC.kext there. Then I saw there is one in /Library/Extensions ( and that one is attached here ) so I assume that's the one is being used on boot time.
Can you read something out of my FakeSMC? I assume is about the info.plist inside?

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext.zip
    33 KB · Views: 55
Yes that is correct I have the backup Sierra on the SSD and I tried to install High Sierra to the NVME. Now when booting Sierra from the backup I can't see the NVME drive to restore to. Yes I had the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml installed to boot from the NVME. I deleted that before starting the update and I also deleted the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext from L/E. The backup is a clone so all the NVME fixes will be there.

Was it wrong to delete the NVME fixes before trying to upgrade?
I don't want to give you bad advice and I don't know exactly what your setup is.

You need the NVME fixes in the clover you boot if you then boot Sierra, in order for Sierra to see the NVME. (this is simplistic, because you could technically install the HackrNVMEFamily.kext to the boot partition instead of to CLOVER/EFI/kexts/Other; for the sake of simplicity I'll assume all NVME fixes are in the clover install)

@RehabMan's GitHub for the NVME fixes has a readme that clarifies what you need to do if you try to dual boot a Sierra and a High Sierra system from a single clover install.

I have clover installed to the efi of both my Sierra and my high Sierra installs (I have clover installed twice). At boot, I hit F12 and select the clover I want to boot from, either the Sierra efi with the nvme patches, or the high Sierra efi without the patches (since high Sierra has native support for most NVME).

If you are booting a clover efi to Sierra and it does not have the nvme patches, it will not see the NVME.

Hey guys,
I've triggered the installation normally from Sierra and after reboot, it always gets stuck at the attached screen. Any idea about what could I do to make it work? Thanks!View attachment 280967
I had the same issue. copy /L/E/* to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. You can fine tune it to only have the Hackintosh kexts in Other later. I believe what is happening is when the install boots up the needed kexts have not been loaded since they are not present in the install OS. Putting them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other ensures that they will be loaded.

@feisalm Writing from a High Sierra newly installed! So, thank you! You made my day!

Great to hear that it worked for you.

I'm struggling with a similar issue. However, I am doing a new install and whilst booting the OSX installer, I always get stuck at the same point.

Followed the official guide, tried various kext's, various USB's (and ports), tried the injections for the Haswell graphics... no luck.

My system:
Asrock Z87 Extreme4
i5 4670K
GTX 770

Help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20170927_132124.jpg
    IMG_20170927_132124.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20170927_132146.jpg
    IMG_20170927_132146.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Great to hear that it worked for you.

I'm struggling with a similar issue. However, I am doing a new install and whilst booting the OSX installer, I always get stuck at the same point.

Followed the official guide, tried various kext's, various USB's (and ports), tried the injections for the Haswell graphics... no luck.

My system:
Asrock Z87 Extreme4
i5 4670K
GTX 770

Help is greatly appreciated!
Had same problem as you, unchecked "Inject nvidia"/"nvidia web drivers"/"nvda_drvr" helped in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back