Contribute
Register

Install Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sais: "Instalation Failed - Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer". as i said, it happens after a couple of minutes, and when i checked the disc usage, it only copies arround 1.5GB each time i try to install, sometimes 1.8GB and other times 1.6GB.

Im using the retail version of the 10.6.3. Im out of ideas :banghead:

are you sure it's not thermal security (no speedstep during installation process)

bad thermal contact under CPU ?

tonymacx86 said:
Ok, so a lot of you are getting Install Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer. I think I've figured out at least 1 reason why.

If your Boot CD contains a patched kernel, such as iBoot NVIDIA and iBoot ATI, you will not be able to complete the installation, and you'll get this message.
500px-SLINST7.png

This message does NOT mean that your install has failed! Just continue with the guide you're using.

If your Boot CD contains the Vanilla kernel, such as iBoot Supported, you will see this screen at the end of the installation:
3928959820_7a5fcf3eeb.jpg

Just tested 2 copies of the same Boot CD with the only difference being the kernel. One had the Qoopz patched (Legacy) 10.0.0 kernel, and one had the Vanilla 10.2.0 kernel. Hope this helps people- tip of the day. :mrgreen:

So If you get the install failed just hold the power button and reboot. Everything is fine trust mee!!!

@fernyology - I had that result when I tried to boot the install disk with the SATA controller set to "IDE" in the BIOS. Try changing to AHCI.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
PLEASE HELP
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
photo 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    875.6 KB · Views: 697
I'm getting the same problem as fernyology - my SATA drives are set to AHCI... any thoughts on what else might be causing this? It happens when I F5 into the OSX 10.6.3 install disc from iBoot. It cranks for a while, then the 'no' graphic shows up and it stalls.

I am trying to run Snow Leopard (retail DVD) on VirtualBox v4.1.14 unsuccessfully. The virtual machine is configured accordingly (at least based on many posts I have seen in different forums), but still not able to install.
I have a Dell Vostro 3500 (i5@M480).
I am able to launch the Snow Leopard ISO file but after language choice I got message bellow:

Any tip how to proceed? Tks ..

Attachments

• Cant be installed.png
    Cant be installed.png
    238 KB · Views: 845
cakemonster said:
Is there a version of the Iboot CD with unpatched kernel? Not like it really matters as both work...

Yes, I believe the iBoot V1.1 or something like that has the un Patched Kernel. I'm using iBoot V1 I believe and I have never had that problem, although I can't say otherwise because I have never used any other version of iBoot as I have not had to this version has always worked perfectly for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back