HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so a lot of you are getting Install Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer. I think I've figured out at least 1 reason why.

If your Boot CD contains a patched kernel, such as iBoot NVIDIA and iBoot ATI, you will not be able to complete the installation, and you'll get this message.
500px-SLINST7.png

This message does NOT mean that your install has failed! Just continue with the guide you're using.

If your Boot CD contains the Vanilla kernel, such as iBoot Supported, you will see this screen at the end of the installation:
3928959820_7a5fcf3eeb.jpg

Just tested 2 copies of the same Boot CD with the only difference being the kernel. One had the Qoopz patched (Legacy) 10.0.0 kernel, and one had the Vanilla 10.2.0 kernel. Hope this helps people- tip of the day. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 500px-SLINST7.png
    500px-SLINST7.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 14,333
  • 3928959820_7a5fcf3eeb.jpg
    3928959820_7a5fcf3eeb.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12,170
Is there a version of the Iboot CD with unpatched kernel? Not like it really matters as both work...

shotgunn240 said:
how do I tell if the kernel is patched or not?

Just added a bit to the top post: about iBoot and iBoot Supported. iBoot NVIDIA and ATI contain patched kernels. iBoot Supported contains the 10.3.1 Vanilla kernel.

tonymacx86 said:
Ok, so a lot of you are getting Install Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer. I think I've figured out at least 1 reason why.

file.php

This message does NOT mean that your install has failed! Just continue with the guide you're using.

Last edited by a moderator:
edas1aries,
Are you using a purchased retail OSX Snow Leopard DVD ?

hello! im having this installation failed screen, but it REALLY failed, because it failed after just a couple of minutes of installation :| any ideas guys??

this is the post i made for this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3415

runner.rl said:
hello! im having this installation failed screen, but it REALLY failed, because it failed after just a couple of minutes of installation :| any ideas guys??

this is the post i made for this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3415
Are you using a purchased retail OSX Snow Leopard DVD ?

And how is it failing? KP? Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back