Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, so a lot of you are getting Install Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer. I think I've figured out at least 1 reason why.

If your Boot CD contains a patched kernel, such as iBoot NVIDIA and iBoot ATI, you will not be able to complete the installation, and you'll get this message.
500px-SLINST7.png

This message does NOT mean that your install has failed! Just continue with the guide you're using.

If your Boot CD contains the Vanilla kernel, such as iBoot Supported, you will see this screen at the end of the installation:
3928959820_7a5fcf3eeb.jpg

Just tested 2 copies of the same Boot CD with the only difference being the kernel. One had the Qoopz patched (Legacy) 10.0.0 kernel, and one had the Vanilla 10.2.0 kernel. Hope this helps people- tip of the day. :mrgreen:

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte P44M-UD4
CPU
i7 860
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Is there a version of the Iboot CD with unpatched kernel? Not like it really matters as both work...

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
shotgunn240 said:
how do I tell if the kernel is patched or not?
Just added a bit to the top post: about iBoot and iBoot Supported. iBoot NVIDIA and ATI contain patched kernels. iBoot Supported contains the 10.3.1 Vanilla kernel.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
tonymacx86 said:
Ok, so a lot of you are getting Install Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on your computer. I think I've figured out at least 1 reason why.

This message does NOT mean that your install has failed! Just continue with the guide you're using.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
used iboot nvidia worked slow so booted in safe mode, installed fine except for end (which is meant to fail on the iboot im using) that's all OK,
when i reboot and go onto my newly created mac drive thing on iboot there is a time-out error or something that goes right to the bottom of my screen over and over again and it will not boot...
what do i have to do to fix this ?

also when i tried to use i boot supported when I burned it the disc would not boot i.e go straight onto windows 7 whereas iboot nvidia worked OK what is wrong there too ?

thank you

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Tony, please.
Can you help me, with the installation of version 2 s3 snow leopard.

I installed and I get error after install and use the iBoot nVidia: Public/iBoot.zip to download your forum.
I attached pictures so that I can help.
the especifications the pc is:
Sony Vaio F Series VPC-F11

Processor Intel Core i7 I7-720QM / 1.6 GHz
Type L3 cache
Cache size 6 MB

ram Installed Size 6 GB / 8 GB (max)
Technology DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz
Hard Drive 500 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Card reader type Card reader
Supported flash memory cards Memory Stick , SD Memory Card , Memory Stick Duo , Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Video Memory 1 GB

I need to know what options to customize the installation mark on snow leopard

please, help me.

Attachments

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hi, I tried to follow the guidance http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
and loading the snow leopard takes 1.30 minutes and the screen turns off and turned on my pc is that (with the screen off) and does not load.

I tried to follow the guidance and loading the snow leopard takes 30.1 minutes and the screen turns off and turned on my pc is that (with the screen off) and does not load.

be the problem that I have installed my card graphics driver?
because as in the guide tells you to disable everything, so I did.

please respond

Status
Not open for further replies.