Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey forum!

Since I already own a MacBook Pro, I just wanted to do a clean install of Lion on my hackintosh.
So I got Lion from the app store and followed the UniBeast guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html) and it was a bumpy road, but I finally got through the grey loading screen after realizing that I had to plug in the gfx (thought I'd wait 'till I had lion installed for some reason) and use the gfx because the HD Graphics 2000 on my i3 2120 isn't supported. Then after a few minutes of pure joy from just watching the installation progress bar, I got what felt like a punch in the face:

Install Failed
Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer
...bla bla bla bla...
Click Restart to restart your computer and try again.

And I tried again and again and again in safe mode, single user mode, tried different SATA port for the HDD, different USB port for the USB thumb drive and so on and so forth.

But everytime the same message. Now I guess the interresting stuff is what the install log says at the bottom of the log:

Code:
14 May 12 11:51:40 localhost OSInstaller[328]: Can not connect to /var/run/systemkeychaincheck.socket: No such file or directory
15 May 12 11:51:53 localhost OSInstaller[328]: PackageKit: ----- Begin Install -----
16 May 12 11:52:34 localhost OSInstaller[328]: PackageKit: Got copier error 5 extracting to path /./system/Library/Framewroks/AppKit.framework/Versions/c/Resources/cs.lrpoj: Input/output error
17 May 12 11:54:18 localhost OSInstaller[328]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"." UserInfo=0x7f8f65a850b0 {NSLocalizedDescription=An Error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"., NSFilesPath=/Volumes/Untitled 1/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- files:// localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSUnderlyingError=0x7f8f6759f520 "The file couldn't be opened because it isn't in the correct format."} {
18 May 12 11:54:19 localhost OSInstaller[328] Install failed: The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
19 May 12 11:54:20 localhost OSInstaller[328]: No system on disk Untitled 1 to revert bless
20 May 12 11:54:20 localhost OSInstaller[328]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

I tried searching around, but i didnt find any thread that matched my problem, or any thread where they actually solved anything. So i decided to ask you guys instead.

I really hope you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: forgot to write my system specs

GA-Z68X-UD3H-BR
i3 2120
Radeon HD 6850 (Black edition (dual fan))
8 GB corsair vengeance
and so far i just got a 60 GB ocz SSD

Thx for the reply Karacho :mrgreen:

My bios settings should be correct according to your guide, and all the other guides I've read.
Just before the install screen, when booting in verbose mode it says something like this:
"Unable to open /var/db/bootcache" the text keeps rolling, so I never have time to read the full message... and in the beginning of the installer log it says something like this:

No recovery image found relative to distribution
PFPackage::packageWithUrl - can't instantiate package: /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
Looking for system packages
no system packages found
No or Invalid system receipts found on /Volumes/Untitled 1/Recovered Items
Attempting fallback using: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemMigration.framwork/Resources/FallbackSystemFiles.plist
Finding system files...
Writing system path cache.
FSF cache NOT written: /Volumes/Untitled 1/Recovered Items/Library/Caches/com.apple.FindSystemFiles.plist

And then the rest of the log is like I wrote in the post above...

To me it looks like somethings wrong with the booting device or something, but I'm just a rookie when it comes to codes like that :?

Uhm.. did my thread just disappear from the support forum? :crazy:

Have you tried a new USB stick?

No, I actually haven't :( I only have this USB stick that I'm using, but I'm gonna get another one today

Setting it to AHCI was the first thing i did, so that can't really be whats causing the problem... How do i check the hash value? And when you say compare to the original one, do you mean the one that i got via the app store vs. the one on the usb stick?

javacoenn said:
And when you say compare to the original one, do you mean the one that i got via the app store vs. the one on the usb stick?
No. Download the Lion Install App again from AppStore and compare it with that one you've downloaded before. Use the md5 command in a Terminal to do it. Run the Terminal and type man md5 for more Information. If the md5 checksum output differs then probably something went wrong during downloading.

Example:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-16 um 13.50.49.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-16 um 13.50.49.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 877
I am having the same issue (there are multiple threads now on this...see below)....

Failing with: Jul 1 08:03:35 macpro-902b3435b8e7 OSInstaller[335]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7ff9b13a35d0 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”., NSFilePath=/Volumes/Untitled 2/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSUnderlyingError=0x7ff9abd13050 "The file couldn’t be opened because it isn’t in the correct format."}

I tried to md5 but it says "this is a directory" and won't give a hash?

In any case I am redownloading the 10.7.4 app tonight and trying with a new Unibeast install on a completely different external drive.

It may be good if we consolidated threads related to this since it seems wide spread, and not hardware specific (we all have quite different hardware setups)

Here are the similar threads:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/10-7-desktop-support/57894-installed-failed.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/10-7-desktop-support/57894-installed-failed.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/10-7-desktop-support/37359-10-7-unibeast-install-failing.html

One tip provided was that the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" might be corrupt and to redownload and try on a different drive."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back