MSI GTX 980ti 6gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I'm having trouble loading OSX Mavericks. I followed
Takesthewheel's notes ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ro-wi-fi-ac-core-i7-4790k-evga-gtx-760-a.html ) he has similar specs as me. At Chimera Boot Screen I entered these boot flags -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes Darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0
And other combinations and still no go.

I also tried to boot Yosemite and that didn't work. I took my GPU out and tried to run with integrated graphics. No install.... I don't want to but at this point I'm thinking I will try to iboot with snow Leopard.
If anyone has any tips that would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_6476.JPG
    IMG_6476.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 125
It is not clear if you have ever succeeded installing OSX.
Try following the generic instructions posted on this website, especially with regard to partition and MBR.
For most users that should succeed with installation of the OS.
When you reboot via Unibeast you may require a flag, e.g GraphicsEnabler. If you are stuck try booting with just -x.
If you get that far at the first run of Multibeast install only what is needed to boot off the drive, e.g DSDT free package and Chimera (and flags). I have found it more reliable not to try to install everything on one run of MB.
In my experience it is easier to get Mavericks running than Yosemite but both are doable with persistence.

It is not clear if you have ever succeeded installing OSX.
Try following the generic instructions posted on this website, especially with regard to partition and MBR.
For most users that should succeed with installation of the OS.
When you reboot via Unibeast you may require a flag, e.g GraphicsEnabler. If you are stuck try booting with just -x.
If you get that far at the first run of Multibeast install only what is needed to boot off the drive, e.g DSDT free package and Chimera (and flags). I have found it more reliable not to try to install everything on one run of MB.
In my experience it is easier to get Mavericks running than Yosemite but both are doable with persistence.

Thanks for the reply. Ill try a couple things and go back to the generic instructions.

This is a pain in the ass. Install Failed, always at 17/16 minutes. I'm using 8gb memory and turned xmp on. Maybe that will work. I doubt it though.

My problem was a corrupt thumb drive. I booted mavericks installer with a micro sd to usb and it worked. Now I have 10.95 fully working. Wifi,sound, no bluetooth though. succeeded

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back