Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Install El Capitan on a Asus Z10PE-D8 WS mobo and 2 x Intel XEON E5-2650v3 Help

Hello guys,

i'm writing you to ask some help to install El Capiten on my new workstation.

This is my actual configuration:
- Mobo: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS
- CPU: 2 x Intel XEON E5-2650v3
- Graphic Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- Samsung SSD HD
- WD SATA HD

I've downloaded UniBeast and i've done the Bootable USB and after that i'm trying to boot the installer with this arguments:
-v npci=0x2000 UseKernelKext=No
But i've got a kernel panic and a PC's reboot on "System uptime in nanosecond xxxxxxxxxx".

I've tried some other arguments like 'cpus=1' 'GraphicsEnabler=No' 'darkwake=0' 'kext-dev-mode=1'

I've notice that with the '-x' arguments boot stuck ad [PCI Configuration ....] and reboot...also with 'npci=0x2000' arguments....

Could some one help me?

Thank you very much!

Ok, i've done a step forward.

Booting with -v -f npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 i've passed the System update time in nanosecond xxxxxxxxxx line.

Now i've another kernel panic: it stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I've tried booting with -x safe mode flag, but with this i've a kernel panic at the beginning at [PCI Controller begin] line...then i can't boot in safe mode :banghead:

Install FakeSMC.kext in System/L/E

Hi nmano, thanks for the answer.

I downloaded latest FakeSMC.kext from Download Section and put it on S / L / E / on USB Install El Capitan, but it continuing stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

For me the problem is that i can't boot in safe mode....but i don't know why...

I ddi try and get Mavericks and Yosemite working on this motherboard and failed. The version 3 Xeon is similar to the i7 on X99 motherboards and currently needs a patched kernel. You can find out how to get or patch a kernel by following the X99 threads.

I never managed to get Mac OS X to run with 2 x CPU's and I only managed to get it working in safe mode.

I haven't managed to get EL Capitan to run on any Hackintosh. Clover is a very complex boot loader, for Yosemite I would use Chimera 4.0. I wish Chimera could be updated to work with El Capitan, which I have working on my old 2008 iMac.

You could try posting your problem in the 16 core thread on tonymacx86 http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...2-thr-z9pe-d8-ws-12tb-geekbench-28-000-a.html

As far as I know the Asus Z9PE-D8 using v1 or V2 CPU's is a better bet for building a multi processor Hackintosh. I've had Yosemite running on my Z9 motherboard. My advice is just run Windows 10 or sell the Z10 and buy a Z9 motherboard.

Harry McGeough
Virtual computer

www.vpc6.net

Well, are you saying i can't install OS X on this pc? :eek:

Hi nmano, thanks for the answer.

I downloaded latest FakeSMC.kext from Download Section and put it on S / L / E / on USB Install El Capitan, but it continuing stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

For me the problem is that i can't boot in safe mode....but i don't know why...

Install fakesmc then repair with InsanelyRepairPermission tool

There is a website (message me if interested), that is working on this build as a group of programmers and the report so far is that it's a bunch of woes. Only one CPU working and one video card. But hopefully they can figure this out. Also CiderPC seems to have figured it out but I think they're out of busieness because I can't get ahold of them. Shame too because they're boasting some pretty amazing specs. Look here. http://www.ciderpc.com/Site/Blog/Entries/2014/9/27_New_Z10_Super_Cube.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back