Not open for further replies.
CPU
SK2011 i7
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I need a couple things to finish the configuration but I will tell how to install the drivers needed to get this laptop partially working.
I'll ask for anyone that can help to make everything else work. I latter will post the IORegistryExplorer and post the information that I found in Windows using Piriform Speccy

You will need an external Keyboard and Mouse and this software

(EasyKext Utility) https://drive.google.com/folderview...N6UDZJY2JYSkJaM2FsZ3ZzZFh2TF9vRjg&usp=sharing
(Kexts) http://1drv.ms/1Q2K5dN

So to boot to installer or fresh installation make sure that you have only "Inject NVidia" and I don't know if without any inject or "Intel Inject" it will work.
Every other option leave as it is, from default. The boot parameter needed it's only this. "nv_disable=1" (without quotes)

Working
-> Intel Graphics (HD4200/HD4400/HD4600) not sure if it works for others but for MSI GE70 2PE works like a charm
-> Audio (Speakers Only)
-> Keyboard and TouchPad (Keyboard without backlight even with SteelSeries Engine installed)
-> Ethernet out of the box
-> Fan Max Speed Button out of the box (I Assume this works directly with hardware)

Not Working
-> WiFi (Intel Dual Band AC 3160)
-> Battery Monitor
-> Web Cam
-> Audio on 3,5" jack
-> Tap to Select double tap to double click 2 fingers to slide and zoom

Not Tested
-> HDMI
-> HDMI Audio
-> VGA (I think OS X does not support it)

​Strange Behavior
-> Keyboard backlight (has you don't have SteelSeries Engine you can not configure anything, but if you press the backlight key a couple times and it will enable the backlight)
-> Bluetooth (I'm able to find devices even pair them but I can not later connect to them for instance, if I have my iPhone near my PC as hotspot, I try to connect over bluetooth but it says that the device is out of range. I assume incompatibility of one of the current kext's with my Bluetooth chip

1. Install Graphics
-> With the utility in the 1st link "EasyKext Utility" install all kext's in the Release folder.
-> With Clover Configurator go to Devices->FakeID->IntelGFX=0x04128086
-> In Clover Configuration go to Graphics unmark "Inject Nvidia" and check "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID"

In Clover Config make sure these flags are marked as default.
"nv_disable=1"
"dart=0"
"kext-dev-mode=1"

->Reboot your computer
Now you should have Intel Graphics working properly

2. Audio
-> Install this package VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg
-> Copy the kext file from the /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext to your desktop
-> Click show contents and edit the file
-> Open Info.plist
-> Find this
“<key>iGain</key>
<integer>90</integer>”
-> Change the 90 to 0
This will fix the noise every boot
-> Install the Kext with EasyKext Utility
-> Reboot
Now you should have audio and no noise on boot

3. Keyboard and Touchpad
-> Using the EasyKext Utility install all kexts in “Kext” folder
-> Install SmoothMouse.pkg in Extra folder.
(OPTIONAL) Copy “Mouse Acceleration.prefPane” to /Library/PreferencePanes

4. Ethernet LAN
-> It works out of the box with 1Gb connection. Nothing needed.

5. Max Fan Speed
-> It works out of the box (I believe that it's connected directly connected the hardware)

Now, can anyone help me with the rest of the hardware?

Update #1 (17/01/2016)

The touchpad gestures, for who does not know (like i did) to enable these gestures go to "System Preferences -> TrackPad" and configure it your own way.

Attachments

• MSI GE70 2PE.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 428
Last edited:
I have the same laptop and am going to try the install tonight. Thanks for your post.

CPU
SK2011 i7
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have the same laptop and am going to try the install tonight. Thanks for your post.

Any thing that you need just ask i'll try to help.
The wifi I got it working by replacing for another wifi module. Soon as I can I'll send you the info.

If you look inside the "El Capitan" folder you'll see a folder called "Battery Icon", with kext utility install the one in the debug folder and reboot, you'll get the battery icon working

If you're able to get HDMI (Audio + Video) and audio on the headphones I would like to warn me.
So far I was unable to get thoose to work

Hey I finally got around to installing this I have it up and running but your secound link in you first post isn't working do you still have those files?

Motherboard
MSI GE70 2PE-012 US
CPU
2.4 GHz Core i7-4700HQ
Graphics
Intel 4600 HD & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I need a couple things to finish the configuration but I will tell how to install the drivers needed to get this laptop partially working.
I'll ask for anyone that can help to make everything else work. I latter will post the IORegistryExplorer and post the information that I found in Windows using Piriform Speccy

You will need an external Keyboard and Mouse and this software

(EasyKext Utility) https://drive.google.com/folderview...N6UDZJY2JYSkJaM2FsZ3ZzZFh2TF9vRjg&usp=sharing
(Kexts) http://1drv.ms/1Q2K5dN

So to boot to installer or fresh installation make sure that you have only "Inject NVidia" and I don't know if without any inject or "Intel Inject" it will work.
Every other option leave as it is, from default. The boot parameter needed it's only this. "nv_disable=1" (without quotes)

Working
-> Intel Graphics (HD4200/HD4400/HD4600) not sure if it works for others but for MSI GE70 2PE works like a charm
-> Audio (Speakers Only)
-> Keyboard and TouchPad (Keyboard without backlight even with SteelSeries Engine installed)
-> Ethernet out of the box
-> Fan Max Speed Button out of the box (I Assume this works directly with hardware)

Not Working
-> WiFi (Intel Dual Band AC 3160)
-> Battery Monitor
-> Web Cam
-> Audio on 3,5" jack
-> Tap to Select double tap to double click 2 fingers to slide and zoom

Not Tested
-> HDMI
-> HDMI Audio
-> VGA (I think OS X does not support it)

Strange Behavior
-> Keyboard backlight (has you don't have SteelSeries Engine you can not configure anything, but if you press the backlight key a couple times and it will enable the backlight)
-> Bluetooth (I'm able to find devices even pair them but I can not later connect to them for instance, if I have my iPhone near my PC as hotspot, I try to connect over bluetooth but it says that the device is out of range. I assume incompatibility of one of the current kext's with my Bluetooth chip

1. Install Graphics
-> With the utility in the 1st link "EasyKext Utility" install all kext's in the Release folder.
-> With Clover Configurator go to Devices->FakeID->IntelGFX=0x04128086
-> In Clover Configuration go to Graphics unmark "Inject Nvidia" and check "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID"

In Clover Config make sure these flags are marked as default.
"nv_disable=1"
"dart=0"
"kext-dev-mode=1"

->Reboot your computer
Now you should have Intel Graphics working properly

2. Audio
-> Install this package VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg
-> Copy the kext file from the /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext to your desktop
-> Click show contents and edit the file
-> Open Info.plist
-> Find this
“<key>iGain</key>
<integer>90</integer>”
-> Change the 90 to 0
This will fix the noise every boot
-> Install the Kext with EasyKext Utility
-> Reboot
Now you should have audio and no noise on boot

3. Keyboard and Touchpad
-> Using the EasyKext Utility install all kexts in “Kext” folder
-> Install SmoothMouse.pkg in Extra folder.
(OPTIONAL) Copy “Mouse Acceleration.prefPane” to /Library/PreferencePanes

4. Ethernet LAN
-> It works out of the box with 1Gb connection. Nothing needed.

5. Max Fan Speed

-> It works out of the box (I believe that it's connected directly connected the hardware)

Now, can anyone help me with the rest of the hardware?

Update #1 (17/01/2016)

The touchpad gestures, for who does not know (like i did) to enable these gestures go to "System Preferences -> TrackPad" and configure it your own way.

The link to you kext files are dead can you post the names of the kext files so we can find them ourselves. Thank you for your post I look forward to using your post when I find the necessary kext files.

Motherboard
MSI GE70 2PE-012 US
CPU
2.4 GHz Core i7-4700HQ
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got everything you got working plus wifi, camera and Bluetooth.

Motherboard
MSI GE70 2PE-012 US
CPU
2.4 GHz Core i7-4700HQ
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Status
Not open for further replies.