Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !
Firstly, I'm sorry for my English, I'm French.

I bought hardwares to install a Hackintosh :

Mothercard : Gigabyte Z77 UD3h
CPU : I5 3570k
GPU : Geforce 640
There is the Tplink recomend by this site for Wifi (4800, I believe)

When I boot on the flashdrive (-v -x) : appears :

2012-10-24 15.53.40.jpg

How can I success ?

Thanks,

Can you boot with PCIRootUID=1 ?

I recommend removing the GT640 & the WiFi card and do the installation without them. Keep it simple then add the parts as you go along. Much easier to diagnose if there's a prob.

You can also try a different flashdrive.

Hmm strange. By any chance are you booting off the USB 3 ports?

What BIOS version is your board? Did you change any BIOS settings?

Just to be clear, you're booting off the Unibeast flashdirve and no installation to HD or SSD has been done yet correct?

Yes, it seems to be a problem. In the picture it says "waiting for root device". This means it can't find the USB drive to boot from it.

You have 6 USB 3.0 ports on the back of your computer. 4 of those ports are controlled by a VIA VL800 chipset and I don't believe they will ever work with OSX. There are 2 left that Gigabyte does not say what chipset controls them. They might work, but you have to find which 2 they are. Try all 6 USB 3.0 ports, but start with the 2 ports next to the PS/2 ports.

I'm not aware of any kext for the VIA VL800 USB 3.0 chipset.

OK ! I'm going to try all my USB ports. But the 4 not supported USB ports will never works, even after the installation ? Aren't there a kext for them ?
Thanks,

Is your board GA-Z77X-UD3H?

If so, you should have 2 x USB3 ports controlled by the Z77 chipset at the back panel. Those 2 should work. I did my installation off the Zotac Z77 controlled USB 3 ports with no problems.

The VIA ones won't work for installation. I suggest you ignore them until you get your system up & running.

If that doesn't work, use the USB2 ports which are available off internal motherboard headers.

Yeah, I use a Unibeast 1.5 flashdrive.

Same problems without Wificard and GPU... and the PCIRootUID=1 mode...

Sorry, please try PCIRootUID=0, the Unibeast flashdrive uses PCIRootUID=1, so my previous suggestion wouldn't have helped.

Did you create your flash drive with 10.8.1 or 10.8.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back