Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having troubles with DW1820A CN-0VW3T3.
Wi-Fi works OOB, no needed any kext or other. But BT is not working properly.

With latest version of BrcmPatchRAM3 (with BrcmBluetoothInjector and BrcmFirmwareData injected via Clover) I get Handoff and Continuity, but I can't pair or connect to other devices. I tried contacting the authors of the the kext but I didn't get any help.
I'm going crazy..

Hey denisuu does your card say "BCM94350ZAE_2" on the back or "BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2 "? There seem to be different versions of this card, possibly fake/rebranded...

It says BCM94350ZAE

I think I've finally nailed DW1820A both wifi and bluetooth on a Dell G7 7588 Laptop (only n wifi but what the hell)
Not 100% sure how I did it after going round the multitude of circles and adding and deleting various kexts etc but i'll try and share what I have on my system now it's working. Some of the kexts are not the latest versions but it is working so I ain't changing them.
Firstly before faffing with wifi you have to try and get the bluetooth recognised on a usb port. I did this by replacing the USBinjectall.kext with a cusdtom usbmap.kext made from following this guide
Thanks to Carl Mercier for that.

Then installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext into S/L/E. All from Rehabman. Thanks to him for those.
View attachment 409040
Then the ususal kexts in L/E
View attachment 409041

Then not 100% sure if the following clover patches are needed but they are in there and working
View attachment 409049View attachment 409050
View attachment 409051

A very useful tool is hackintool to see whats going on with your usb ports and pci locations etc, to install kexts and fix permisiions.
If anyone's got any tips on how to get ac (5ghz) working I would be grateful
Cheers.
What part number is your DW-1820A? I got a g7 7588 too so I am thinking of getting that wifi card. Also with the card you have did u masked 2 pins in front and 3 rear as some people suggest if it shutters/freezes?

I still get a kernel panic "invalid waitq". applying kernel to patch and kext to patch still got this.

Mine can't find any wifi signals ... any ideas ?

I got mine completely working, without kernel panics (so far)!

I found another method by Googling: BCM4350 DW1820A mojave

Steps I did:
  1. Boot Windows 10 Pro > Device manager > Properties > BIOS Device name (_SB.PCI0.RP03.PXSX)
  2. Boot MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave open IOregisteryExplorer and search for RP03 (on my device) under PCI0.
  3. Note down the the ACPI-Path (Device won't be shown as Dell DW1820 yet)
  4. Translate the ACPI-Path to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(<root device address>)/Pci(<actual device address>)
  5. Open Clover Configurator app > Devices > Properties and add the PCI address.
  6. Installed kexts to Library/Extensions/ (Don't try to open anything or system will freeze)
Notes:
  • Don't delete anything under /System/Library/Extensions/ leave it as it is!
  • I don't use the "FixAirport" or "AddDTGP" ACPI Clover fixes.
  • I don't use a country code "brcmfx-country=XX"
Kexts used (Library/Extensions):
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (BrcmPatchRAM2.kext for Mojave or below)
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Configurator device propertie value's:
Code:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x02)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

compatible | pci14e4,4353 | string
AAPL,slot-name | WLAN | string
device_type | Airport Extreme |string
name | Airport | string
model | Dell DW1820 (BCM4350) 802.11ac wireless | string

View attachment 413108

Maybe this can be of help to someone! I take no credit, all credit goes to Hervé!

I also added full list of all installed kextst to /L/E and /S/L/E.

I updated this post and added a new output of my kexts since I had to change to BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and add BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext for Catalina.

Hi I'm new here... I tried to read this thread but I feel a little lost because I found more the one strategies and I don't know which use in my case.
I installed on my Fujitsu e5570 with Mojave in clover kext/other folder:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
modify config adding
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>pci-aspm-default</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

and now WIFI and bluetooth works. Wifi great, blutooth so and so. I'm able to paring my Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard but they are very laggy.

Can give me help or indication of how its the right direction to how find the problem and fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• bug report.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
Hi I'm new here... I tried to read this thread but I feel a little lost because I found more the one strategies and I don't know which use in my case.
I installed on my Fujitsu e5570 with Mojave in clover kext/other folder:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
modify config adding
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>pci-aspm-default</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

and now WIFI and bluetooth works. Wifi great, blutooth so and so. I'm able to paring my Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard but they are very laggy.

Can give me help or indication of how its the right direction to how find the problem and fix it?

Thanks
I don't have a good solution for bluetooth now.
My method currently is by setting the bluetooth usb to type "usb2" instead of internal, and plug it to a empty virutalbox, then plug it back to mac.

BT firmware version v7 c4096 means no BT firmware was uploaded. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext should not be needed for Mojave. "Inject kexts" should be set to "Yes" in config.plist if you want to inject the kexts in folder Clover/Kexts/Other. With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will inject all applicable (depending on version) kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts ONLY if FakeSMC.kext/VirtualSMC.kext is NOT in kernel cache. AFAIK AirportBrcmFixup.kext cannot be injected via Clover, it must be installed to L/E (simultaneously with Lilu.kext) using kext installer.

without BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext bluetooth not works. i change to Yes SystemParameters / InjectKexts but notting is changed.

About BT firmware:how update it?
about AirportBrcmFixup.kext but if bluetooth and wifi works not means that it's loaded? and in case what means: be installed to L/E (simultaneously with Lilu.kext) using kext installer?
and how i can check kext what is loaded and from where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back