Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@P1LGRIM
So by that statement, shouldn't be fine to link to another forum/site/content if it doesn't violate any tonymacx86 "general rules"? The way it reads doesn't imply that I cannot post any links at all, so that's why I'm confused here.

Edit:

Also, why was my reply removed?

I didn't get this. Can you explain?
Just confirming we are having the same wifi-card.
But the card I own is DW1820A, with id (CN-08PKF4), so is not working well, sometime, it will work "properly" with the method that I mentioned, maybe for 10 hours or longer, but usually it will KP or freeze, so I'm using DW1560 now, didn't know it was the part number is a causing the problem.
It doesn't seem like it's a violation, but I've got banned twice already haha! So I'll have to behave now :p

When I posted the solution with the link my post got deleted so... I figured it's not allowed?

Ah ok I understand the subsystem-id's now:
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-0VW3T3) = Almost works OOB (Out of box).
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-096JNT) = Problematic
  • 1028:0023 (part # CN-08PKF4) = Problematic
The only strange thing I'm expiriencing is that 5Ghz networks are not always found. Once connected I don't get disconnected though. 2,4Ghz networks work like a charm!
Can more people confirm DW1820A with part number ( # CN-0VW3T3) works for all laptops (maybe test with the 10.15 beta too). I might sell the DW1560, and buy another DW1820A,

Just confirming we are having the same wifi-card.
But the card I own is DW1820A, with id (CN-08PKF4), so is not working well, sometime, it will work "properly" with the method that I mentioned, maybe for 10 hours or longer, but usually it will KP or freeze, so I'm using DW1560 now, didn't know it was the part number is a causing the problem.

Can more people confirm DW1820A with part number ( # CN-0VW3T3) works for all laptops (maybe test with the 10.15 beta too). I might sell the DW1560, and buy another DW1820A,

Stick with the DW1560. Ive got a DW1820A "CN-0VW3T3" and it can be some trouble to get running correctly. It would always KP on every other boot in Mojave 10.14 through 10.14.5. And i never was able to get BT to work correctly. Now i have a few DW1560s and they all work flawless. WiFi and BT with minimal kexts.

My subsystem-id is 1028:0021, and it is definitely not working OOB. The card needs to be properly configured and then it works great but as i mentioned above, after approximately 10 minutes the card is not yet present in the system and so the WiFi network connection is gone. The Bluetooth works great.

Stick with the DW1560. Ive got a DW1820A "CN-0VW3T3" and it can be some trouble to get running correctly. It would always KP on every other boot in Mojave 10.14 through 10.14.5. And i never was able to get BT to work correctly. Now i have a few DW1560s and they all work flawless. WiFi and BT with minimal kexts.

Though I would recommend getting the DW1560, but I haven't had 1 Kernel panic since I installed the DW1820A as described in post #104

Everything works like a charm, wifi never disconnects or anything... The only strange thing I have is since I added the DW1820A my laptop doesn't shutdown without DSDT shutdown fix.

It was good, but it is not anymore. I am buying a BCM94352Z card

Last edited:
In my case,
1. WIFI works OOB.
2. Bluetooth can't upload firmware via macOS. Uploading firmware via Windows, and reboot into macOS, with a brcmnonpatchram2.kext, the bluetooth will work.
Details are in my repo.

I have the same card, and even though on the label it says "CN-0VW3T3", the PCI ID is 0a5c:6412, not 14e4:43a3/1028:0021. Did I get myself a fake card?..

Anyway, as I installed it, my laptop won't boot at all. However, after disabling the card in BIOS and applying the modified IO80211Family.kext as well as BrcmPatchRAM2 I got it to work!
The only problem is that it would only boot every other time, often just reboots again once I log in or on the Apple logo.

Can anyone confirm that they don't have any KP anymore after following this guide?

In my case,
1. WIFI works OOB.
2. Bluetooth can't upload firmware via macOS. Uploading firmware via Windows, and reboot into macOS, with a brcmnonpatchram2.kext, the bluetooth will work.
Details are in my repo.

What do you even mean by "Uploading firmware via Windows"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back