Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the DW1820A installed I can't boot to macOS (10.14.5) it just freezes on the apple logo.

When I put these under Clover\Other:
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
I can boot, both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz are working but I can't open anything or my machine freezes.

Edit: Windows 10 upgraded my BIOS from 315 to 317 I needed "VoodooTSCSync.kext" installed to /L/E/. I'll make a Clonezilla image now that everything is working without the DW1820A and try from scratch.

Last edited:
Hi, I have the DELL DW1820a. Can you give some simple advice on what I need to do to get this to work. I have read through your post and others but it is way above my head.

I have installed the Wireless usb clover adapter and the AirportBRCMfixup.kext is installed.

What else do I need to do and how do I install kexts?

I ran Hackintool but no idea what I have to do with that.

I only need wifi, how do I do this:

1. Wi-Fi works OOB, no need to use AirportBrcmFixup.kext, no need to fake PCI device ID in Clover, no need to Fixairport, no need to set brcmfx-driver.
The system will load BrcmNIC driver for this card as it's PCI device ID is14e4:43a3.
Card type in sysinf shows Third-Party Wireless Card.
2. Using AirportBrcmFixup.kext will make the card type turn into AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x23). Not much difference however.

Last edited:
I got mine completely working, without kernel panics (so far)!

I found another method by Googling: BCM4350 DW1820A mojave

Steps I did:
  1. Boot Windows 10 Pro > Device manager > Properties > BIOS Device name (_SB.PCI0.RP03.PXSX)
  2. Boot MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave open IOregisteryExplorer and search for RP03 (on my device) under PCI0.
  3. Note down the the ACPI-Path (Device won't be shown as Dell DW1820 yet)
  4. Translate the ACPI-Path to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(<root device address>)/Pci(<actual device address>)
  5. Open Clover Configurator app > Devices > Properties and add the PCI address.
  6. Installed kexts to Library/Extensions/ (Don't try to open anything or system will freeze)
Notes:
  • Don't delete anything under /System/Library/Extensions/ leave it as it is!
  • I don't use the "FixAirport" or "AddDTGP" ACPI Clover fixes.
  • I don't use a country code "brcmfx-country=XX"
Kexts used (Library/Extensions):
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (BrcmPatchRAM2.kext for Mojave or below)
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Configurator device propertie value's:
Code:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x02)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

compatible | pci14e4,4353 | string
AAPL,slot-name | WLAN | string
device_type | Airport Extreme |string
name | Airport | string
model | Dell DW1820 (BCM4350) 802.11ac wireless | string

Maybe this can be of help to someone! I take no credit, all credit goes to Hervé!

I also added full list of all installed kextst to /L/E and /S/L/E.

Attachments

• Kexts.txt
    22.8 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Hi denisuu,

my Notebook loses the WiFi Connection after about 10 minutes, the Notebook becomes unresponsive. This is somehow well-known problem with DW1820A. Is it working by you?

Hi denisuu,

my Notebook loses the WiFi Connection after about 10 minutes, the Notebook becomes unresponsive. This is somehow well-known problem with DW1820A. Is it working by you?

No, are you using the F_IO80211Family.kext method? I was using that method first and I was getting at leat 2 kernel panics each boot, sometimes a surprise kernel panic... Since I switched to the method above I haven't had one KP. Yesterday I used wifi for a couple of hours, I used it for a couple of hours today didn't disconnect once.

One strange problem I had was that after a reboot macOS said: "No wifi hardware installed" I booted into Windows and MacOS again and it was there again... God know's why...

Last edited:
No I'm not using F_IO80211Family.kext method, i didn't modified any stock kext. I read multiple threads on the Internet that the Wi-Fi goes away after a few minutes and then the whole Notebook is not usable anymore. Please post your clover folder, maybe i can see some differences. And my Bluetooth is not working either.

@denisuu and @matey

What Subsystem ID's do you have with the DW1820A? Apparently the 0x0021 is working almost out of the box. I have a Subsystem ID: 0x0023 (found at system information -> PCI). I keep having an unresponsive system once WiFi disconnects after 10 minutes or so. I tried several options except for the ACPI-path...

No I'm not using F_IO80211Family.kext method, i didn't modified any stock kext. I read multiple threads on the Internet that the Wi-Fi goes away after a few minutes and then the whole Notebook is not usable anymore. Please post your clover folder, maybe i can see some differences. And my Bluetooth is not working either.

Sure here's my EFI if you want to have a look at my IOreg and other files you can find them attached to the first post here: ASUS N580VD - Black Built-in Display (If external displays are not hot-plugged)

@FoUStep
I have no idea what you're talking about. The steps above is all I did, nothing more, nothing less...

I have DW1820A CN-0VW3T3 do you guy's have the same model?

Attachments

• EFI (25-06 WIFI).zip
    28.4 MB · Views: 390
Thank you for mentioning this! I found Hervé's thread on OSX Latitude which helped me fix my DW1820a. Are we allowed to link forum posts from other sites here? It doesn't seem to violate any tonymacx86 rules.

Anyhow, @FoUStep and @matey, what DW1820a variant do you all have?
The one most people have problems with is CN-08PKF4 (should be subsystem-id 23) due to lag after 10 minutes, but I was able to get mine working with the above mentioned fix I found.

It doesn't seem like it's a violation, but I've got banned twice already haha! So I'll have to behave now :p

When I posted the solution with the link my post got deleted so... I figured it's not allowed?

Ah ok I understand the subsystem-id's now:
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-0VW3T3) = Almost works OOB (Out of box).
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-096JNT) = Problematic
  • 1028:0023 (part # CN-08PKF4) = Problematic
The only strange thing I'm expiriencing is that 5Ghz networks are not always found. Once connected I don't get disconnected though. 2,4Ghz networks work like a charm!

This was a router problem not my laptop it's been working like a charm for weeks now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back