Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.
I’ve been searching for BCM94352Z or BCM943602BAED in my city but couldn’t find them. Just found a used BCM94350ZAE in a repair shop! But didn’t buy because of reported and known problems...

Now I see this post and wonder if you guys recommend buying it?

I’m searching more for those recommended cards, but if I couldn’t find them, I’ll have to buy this thing.

is there any script to automate the process ?

Thanks for the suggestion, I didnt test it yet but isnt rolling back system kexts a no-no? not only it may bring with it instability but also security issues. Not that your solution is bad, but if there is an alternative not to have the downsides of rolling back a system kernel extension, that would be better (I guess?).

Thanks for the suggestion, I didnt test it yet but isnt rolling back system kexts a no-no? not only it may bring with it instability but also security issues. Not that your solution is bad, but if there is an alternative not to have the downsides of rolling back a system kernel extension, that would be better (I guess?).
Def, If someone is able to find one but Ive had no luck in 4 months of trying everything. I can get Mojave's AirPort4360 kext to work but the system will lock up after 30 minutes with the cpu usage being maxed out because of airportd system process. If something better comes along go with it but for now this method works and I'm savvy enough to make up the difference in security concerns. This method is simply an option, everyone who uses it does so at their own discretion.

Maybe, what we need to figure out is why the system gets locked using the 4360 kext from Mojave.. It works perfectly fine for a hour or two..

Def, If someone is able to find one but Ive had no luck in 4 months of trying everything. I can get Mojave's AirPort4360 kext to work but the system will lock up after 30 minutes with the cpu usage being maxed out because of airportd system process. If something better comes along go with it but for now this method works and I'm savvy enough to make up the difference in security concerns. This method is simply an option, everyone who uses it does so at their own discretion.

True, but I cant even get it to work with Airport4360, does just deleting BrcmNIC kext and the other Firmware kexts force it to use Airport4360?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I just wanna let you know I tapped out and I won't be searching on this topic anymore I went another route. I bought an actual airport card the BCM94360CS card along with an NGFF a/e adapter and I installed it, everything works beautifully. It works immediately and loads AirPortBrcmNIC without any issues. I did a fresh install of Mojave with it and everything went perfectly it even detected it in the installer. I got both pieces off of amazon with same day delivery for 50 bucks and it was well worth it. I'm only saying it to let you guys know about an option that works exactly how it does on a real Mac. Best of luck with the card if you do continue to work on this!

Another heads up not a single kernel panic with the new card, and it solves a number of other issues I couldn't figure out like sleep wake battery drain and bluetooth functionality (no dropped devices after waking up). The real Airport cards must have some heavy effect on the system in more than one way so I would def get the real thing if I were you, you can opt for the bcm94360cs2 which is a 2 antenna mimo card instead of 3 antennas which is what I got. Its 867mbps instead of 1.3gbps but it will still work just as well and its only 29 bucks on amazon, make sure you get an ngff a/e adapter too though.

IT WONT WORK IN WINDOWS THOUGH JUST A HEADS UP! YOU CAN ALWAYS RUN WINDOWS AS A VIRTUAL MACHINE FROM MAC THOUGH ITS MUCH SIMPLER.

Another heads up not a single kernel panic with the new card, and it solves a number of other issues I couldn't figure out like sleep wake battery drain and bluetooth functionality (no dropped devices after waking up). The real Airport cards must have some heavy effect on the system in more than one way so I would def get the real thing if I were you, you can opt for the bcm94360cs2 which is a 2 antenna mimo card instead of 3 antennas which is what I got. Its 867mbps instead of 1.3gbps but it will still work just as well and its only 29 bucks on amazon, make sure you get an ngff a/e adapter too though.

IT WONT WORK IN WINDOWS THOUGH JUST A HEADS UP! YOU CAN ALWAYS RUN WINDOWS AS A VIRTUAL MACHINE FROM MAC THOUGH ITS MUCH SIMPLER.

That's probably possible with laptop with enough clearance for a card+adapter, and also a BIOS that wouldnt rant about blacklisted wifi cards (looking at you Lelnovo). Probably your T450 is using that one bios update without the whitelisting, so it's all good for you, unlike me with a P50 (and enough clearance for the adapter) but a locked down BIOS. (RIP)

Anyways I found a way to install the kext without affecting S/L/E or deleting anything and will work over updates, I'll post it shortly here after I clean up the mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's probably possible with laptop with enough clearance for a card+adapter, and also a BIOS that wouldnt rant about blacklisted wifi cards (looking at you Lelnovo). Probably your T450 is using that one bios update without the whitelisting, so it's all good for you, unlike me with a P50 (and enough clearance for the adapter) but a locked down BIOS. (RIP)

Anyways I found a way to install the kext without affecting S/L/E or deleting anything and will work over updates, I'll post it shortly here after I clean up the mess.

Lenovo stopped blacklisting T400 series hardware about 2 years ago. Im running the latest bios, you can always flash a modified bios. There are groups that will do it for no charge all over the internet. You just have to buy an eeprm flash tool along with a clip (get both on amazon for 12 bucks) then you dump your bios and upload it and they'll unlock the advanced bios menu that most manufacturers lock up and then you just flash the modified bios and you're in the clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back