Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also tried your method and it didn't work.
But you reminded me that my version is 10.14.1.
So I added -brcmfxbeta boot arg, and it succeeded. Now the speed is perfect, 700M+
Yes I'm using all of that I haven't updated the process to reflect my new setup. I'm also using the frequency patch for AirPortBrcm4360

Yes I'm using all of that I haven't updated the process to reflect my new setup. I'm also using the frequency patch for AirPortBrcm4360
but isn't frequency patch in the AirportBrcmFixup.kext already? what extra did u use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,
I would like to ask your advice.
I am trying to make wifi working for DW1560 (14E4-43B1) - BCM94352Z.
On both 10.14.1 & 10.14.2 wifi doesn’t work.
Previously it worked on 10.13.6 & 10.14.0
For that I used AirportBrcmFixup.kext and 2 kexts for Bluetooth.
I’d like to use old kexts from 10.13.6.
Can you please describe, how should I modify them to get them working for 10.14.2?
Thanks.

Hi,
I would like to ask your advice.
I am trying to make wifi working for DW1560 (14E4-43B1) - BCM94352Z.
On both 10.14.1 & 10.14.2 wifi doesn’t work.
Previously it worked on 10.13.6 & 10.14.0
For that I used AirportBrcmFixup.kext and 2 kexts for Bluetooth.
I’d like to use old kexts from 10.13.6.
Can you please describe, how should I modify them to get them working for 10.14.2?
Thanks.
I would just literally pull the entire io80211family.kext from the version where it was working and delete the same kext in mojave and put the one you took from high sierra in the same location and you should be good. Its in /s/l/e in both versions of macOS

You should not install any 3rd party kext's in /S/L/E with MacOS Sierra (10.12.X) or later (especially Mojave) .... its not recommended by Apple or any of the moderators here at TMx86, doing will break MacOS system integrity. Recommending other users to do this is very bad advice and ill advised.

All 3rd party kext's should be installed in /L/E as per Apple's updated specification. The only exception to the rule is FakeSMC which should also be copied to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (as well as /L/E) so that MacOS installers, updaters and Recovery can run.

"Inject Kexts" in Clover should be set to "detect".

For DW1820 (or any other supported Broadcom supported combo card) you should only need Lilu + AirportBrcmFixup for WiFi and RehabMans BrcmPatchRAM kexts for Bluetooth (all installed into /L/E) ... if you need to you can enable 5Ghz by implicitly specifying county code using the boot argument brcmfx-country=XX.

If you don't know how to install kexts into /L/E via the terminal you can use the method detailed in this guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

That guide also covers the use of AirportBrcmFixup in detail (towards bottom)

Recommend you move all your 3rd party kexts to /L/E and update you post accordingly ...

Cheers
Jay
DW1820A is not the case, AirportBrcmFixup + Lilu doesn't help

DW1820A is not the case, AirportBrcmFixup + Lilu doesn't help

@Hugotai,

Sorry I thought the latest version of AirportBrcmFixup supported it .... it was requested to be added a while back.

Thanks for updating your original post though ...

Cheers
Jay

@Hugotai,

Sorry I thought the latest version of AirportBrcmFixup supported it .... it was requested to be added a while back.

Thanks for updating your original post though ...

Cheers
Jay
I've changed to dw1560, looks like this card is a bit too problematic, for me

I've changed to dw1560, looks like this card is a bit too problematic, for me

@Hugotai,

Yes DW 1820A is known to be troublesome on some systems ... I installed a DW1830 in My HP Spectre X360 which works great but as its a 3x3 MIMO device I had to install a third antenna. See this post for more info ... in order for it to be detected on the PCIe bus I had to tape pins 54 & 56 as detailed in that post.

Cheers
Jay

u don't have any problem now? what is your mac address, can u give the first 3 pairs? e.g.(ab:cd:ef:XX:XX:XX)
Try it now Ive changed to an unpatched kext and its been flawless the past 24 hours so giv it a shot with the new archive Ive attached make sure you apply the kext and kernel patches in the config.plist file too as I have those active too and I'm unsure of how much they play a role. At the very least apply the kernel patch. I know Airportbrcmfixup should have those kext patches in it but I'm unsure.

I tried the script, now my wifi is not detected ... but I have the bluetooth

edit : I launched both script again and now I have wifi but no more bluetooth :confused:
edit 2 : I have reboot the pc and now it crash at startup or after login. I guess your script is not recommended for some every pc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back