Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work bro!!!! Where were you when I was pulling my hair out with this damn card for like 5 months!! Lol no seriously excellent work! I'm impressed and it looks like you did an amazing job solving this issue.

I opted for instead using an NGFF A/E adapter along with an Apple Broadcom BCM94360CS A/C Wireless Card which has been an absolute thing of beauty to use since installing it! No panics no extra steps and full functionality oob including within macOS Install USB as well as recovery which allows for installing macOS over the internet if you don't have access to an Install USB and your computer suffers some issue that requires the OS to be reinstalled. I purchased both items on Amazon with same day delivery for 40 bucks and change which is cheaper than all of the PC based NGFF options Ive found for Hackintosh Laptops (Dell DW1560, Dell DW1830, etc). I also have the Windows drivers saved if anyone decides to go this route and needs Windows functionality (Both WiFi and Bluetooth will function properly with the Widows drivers).

If anyone needs any more info on going with the official Apple card over the DW1820a then you pm me. If I don't get back to you right away its because I haven't opened my computer to see the notifications. That iMessage is strictly on my laptop and won't go to my personal iMessage account which is on my phone. But I'll get back to you as soon as I see the message. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Lol, I literally just took your work and removed the /S/L/E modifying part, and sorry for buying a DW1560 when you were buying DW1820A (lol, I literally bought 2 DW1560s, one worked, one was faulty, and it was too much money to get a third one so I went with DW1820A and got into this hot mess). And also, the prices of these cards are HOT.

Luckily for you you have clearance for it, I re-opened my P50 (which apparently, Lenovo removed the whitelisting in the latest BIOS updates) to check for it, there is no way the card would fit in, the fan cutout blocks it (check this picture, the red text is where the wifi card goes, it's so small). I do have 2 M.2 M Slots, one has my NVMe drive, I was thinking of using the second with a M/B to 12+6 pin adapter, I would still have my DW1820A in for bluetooth reasons (M/B slots dont have a USB bus, unlike A/E), but I dont think that Lenovo would allow that.

And even with this solution, it's far from getting it working properly, someone needs to find why it *slows down* when using brcm4360 or why brcmNIC/MFG bork when trying to load it. With my (or your) method, it's still not stable when rebooting/starting/shutting down/changing users, however, I could work with it for days, with wake/sleep and will not crash on me.

I'll look into why it slows down but I DO NOT guarantee any outcome or fix, I have 0 hacking/reverse engineering/developing experience and I would probably ask more than find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to have made really good progress with Herve on the OSXLat.
Basically you can just edit the IO80211Family.kext 4350 kext to include the pci14e4,43a3 and delete the AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext and this card works great.

However, a more elegent solution is to Enable FixAIrport inside clover and add the compatible pci14e4,4353 inside clover device properties.

card works great @ full speed.

i am trying to avoid using the FixAirport flag in clover will update when i figure it out

I seem to have made really good progress with Herve on the OSXLat.
Basically you can just edit the IO80211Family.kext 4350 kext to include the pci14e4,43a3 and delete the AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext and this card works great.

That's the same as using AirportBrcmFixup + brcmfx-driver=1, also there is no such thing as Brcm4350 kext

However, a more elegent solution is to Enable FixAIrport inside clover and add the compatible pci14e4,4353 inside clover device properties.

card works great @ full speed.

i am trying to avoid using the FixAirport flag in clover will update when i figure it out

Broadcom 43224AG
That's the device you just posted here, and that makes no sense here as here it's about pci14e4,43a3
Code:
0:102  0:000  PCI (00|04:00.00) : 14E4 43A3 class=028000
0:102  0:000   - WIFI: Vendor=Broadcom

Thanks for fixing my typo's i was writing from memory.

Anyway, what you do is press FixAirport inside Clover, (Well I had to on my system, some people dont have to) and inject the compatible into properties, the compatibles i recomend is pci 14e4,4353.

you can try any of the compatibles in the 4360 kext.

Try it before you reply and give feedback.

(See screenshots)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.48.27.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.48.27.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 609
  • Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.48.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.48.49.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 578
  • Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.49.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.49.12.png
    51 KB · Views: 505
Thanks for fixing my typo's i was writing from memory.

Anyway, what you do is press FixAirport inside Clover, (Well I had to on my system, some people dont have to) and inject the compatible into properties, the compatibles i recomend is pci 14e4,4353.

you can try any of the compatibles in the 4360 kext.

Try it beforeyou reply and give feedback.

(See screenshots)

You have to make sure you have the DTGP Method present somewhere in your ACPI config wether its through clover config by enabling DTGP and AirPort DSDT patches which I would not recommend unless you're running a hot patched setup entirely (which your patched DSDT needs to be removed and only SSDT confuratiuons can be used to define the extra changes you might want or need. If you have a patched DSDT already then don't enable the DTGP and AirPort clover patched. Instead you can use the 2 SSDTs I've attached in order for define your desired settings for your wifi card. SSDT-DTGP has to be in your ACPI setup because the system only be able to return the real values of the device. The DTGP give you the ability to edit pretty and _DSM called by the system and have whatever you'd like returned to spoof the OS.

You can also accomplish this ability by only adding in the SSDT-DTGP.am to ACPI/Patched and then you can defoine settings for certain things yo'd like a specific device to use.

make sure you have gfxutil and go to a terminal and enter | gfxutil -f 14e4,43a3 | except make sure its for the device you have. You can also substitute the name of the device in the DSDT... So gfxutil -f HDEF would return the pic address of t system audio controller which you define under button in Device tab that's labeled as Properties on the bottom portion of that page.

The address is inserted in the left side Data table and the functions you wish to define are made in the right table.

Last login: Sun Apr 14 23:40:29 on ttys000

~ » gfxutil -f ARPT

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

~ »

So address of my WiFi card is = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)View attachment View attachment

Highlighted areas show command you want to change and the values on the right would be edited

an example is the "device-id" value which here would be listed as a0 43 00 00 (14e4,43a0)

if you want to spoof a 4350 card then change the value to be 50 43 00 00

that's basically all that's needed .

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 117
Great thanks for confirming,

Yes my experiance is: Without FixAirport, My compatible string in clover wont take effect.

Because my T440p Laptop names the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device
"pci14e4,43a3"

However with the "FixAirport" enabled

the compatible flag works successfully.

So basically if you are not using custom DSDT (Like me) you can simply use "FixAirport" button, and add the compatible string "pci14e4,4353" to clover,

and the card will work natively for wifi. The bluetooth will be fixed with the standard rehabman BRCM2repo / firmware kexts.

This does not involve modifying the system kexts nor modifying away from a full vanilla install so i recomend this method.

card works very very well and does not crash for me.

Yes my experiance is: Without FixAirport, My compatible string in clover wont take effect.

Thanks for your feedback .
I decided to buy this card now ; it's cheap anyway
Do you still can recommend it ? or It will be problematic as others reported?
How long did you use it without crashes and KP ?

Thanks for your feedback .
I decided to buy this card now ; it's cheap anyway
Do you still can recommend it ? or It will be problematic as others reported?
How long did you use it without crashes and KP ?

Certainly NOT. You have a 90/10 ratio of getting it working properly. On desktop builds it will work without issues, on laptops, you're looking for pain and more pain.

The crash and KPs only occur on boot and shutdown and sleep/wake, it will not happen while working with the card. (from my experience, you milage may vary.)

Because my T440p Laptop names the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device
"pci14e4,43a3"

However with the "FixAirport" enabled

the compatible flag works successfully.

So basically if you are not using custom DSDT (Like me) you can simply use "FixAirport" button, and add the compatible string "pci14e4,4353" to clover,

and the card will work natively for wifi. The bluetooth will be fixed with the standard rehabman BRCM2repo / firmware kexts.

This does not involve modifying the system kexts nor modifying away from a full vanilla install so i recomend this method.

card works very very well and does not crash for me.

Ok I tried your method which does the same as using toledaARPT.kext (or any injector, codeless kext really) or using brcmfx-driver=1, my issue is not the card being recognized, but while I boot and work with it, the system suddenly gets slow, and the CPU usage spikes up. I got some logs (that I need to upload in another DW1820A thread) but idk what makes this happen or how to fix it.

Certainly NOT. You have a 90/10 ratio of getting it working properly. On desktop builds it will work without issues, on laptops, you're looking for pain and more pain.
Thank you
I am going to use it in another desktop machine imac 17.1 i7-6700k Rx 580
I will install it via DSDT Patching method ..

We will see

Thank you
I am going to use it in another desktop machine imac 17.1 i7-6700k Rx 580
I will install it via DSDT Patching method ..

We will see

You do not have to on a desktop, just plug it in and use AirportBrcmFixUp, that's all you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back