Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same card, and even though on the label it says "CN-0VW3T3", the PCI ID is 0a5c:6412, not 14e4:43a3/1028:0021. Did I get myself a fake card?..

Anyway, as I installed it, my laptop won't boot at all. However, after disabling the card in BIOS and applying the modified IO80211Family.kext as well as BrcmPatchRAM2 I got it to work!
The only problem is that it would only boot every other time, often just reboots again once I log in or on the Apple logo.

Can anyone confirm that they don't have any KP anymore after following this guide?
EDIT
It was good, but it is not anymore. I am buying a BCM94352Z card

Last edited:
Do as I wrote above, after adding the country code in the clover configurator, there is no problem with starting the system.
Doesn't the IOFamily kext from Yosemite cause intermittent "Invalid waitq" kernel panics on boot?

Doesn't the IOFamily kext from Yosemite cause intermittent "Invalid waitq" kernel panics on boot?
EDIT

Last edited:
everything works perfectly
I tried your solution, and unfortunately, the IOFamily kext from Yosemite causes KP on boot every other time, just like it did before. The laptop reboots either right after login, or during login. Sometimes it also reboots when connecting to a wi-fi network.
If I don't replace the kext, the system sees the Wi-Fi card but can't power it on (nothing happens when I press "Turn Wi-Fi On in System Preferences). If I remove AirportBrcmFixup the laptop refuses to boot and gets stuck on kextd_stall[0]: BCM245A0 (or sometimes busy timeout[0]: BCM245A0).

Here's what About My Mac > System Report > PCI says:

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 20.04.07.png

I'm also attaching the files generated by "Problem Reporting Tool"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 18.35.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 18.35.58.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 136
  • debug_17097.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I tried your solution, and unfortunately, the IOFamily kext from Yosemite causes KP on boot every other time, just like it did before. The laptop reboots either right after login, or during login. Sometimes it also reboots when connecting to a wi-fi network.
If I don't replace the kext, the system sees the Wi-Fi card but can't power it on (nothing happens when I press "Turn Wi-Fi On in System Preferences). If I remove AirportBrcmFixup the laptop refuses to boot and gets stuck on kextd_stall[0]: BCM245A0 (or sometimes busy timeout[0]: BCM245A0).

Here's what About My Mac > System Report > PCI says:

View attachment 417567

I'm also attaching the files generated by "Problem Reporting Tool"

EDIT

Last edited:
Strange that the method I used didn't work for you if it's the same card. You did look up the addresses in IOreg and/or Windows, and didn't just blindly copy mine right?

Strange that the method I used didn't work for you if it's the same card. You did look up the addresses in IOreg and/or Windows, and didn't just blindly copy mine right?
I don't have Windows, so I used gfxutil to determine the PCI address

Why not use IOregistry explorer?

For me it took a while before I was able to translate the hardware-address properly, maybe that's the problem?
To be honest I don't understand how to translate the IORegistryExporer notation into the CLOVER one.
Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 19.48.14.png
(pci14e4,43a3 becomes ARPT if I enable FixAirport in Clover, but still no WiFi)

A couple of questions:
1.) What version are you running? I've heard that most of the solutions stopped working in 10.14.3
2.) Do you still use the patched IO8221Family kext from Yosemite? That's the only solution that kind of works for me (though with frequent kernel panics)

There are four types of the same card, maybe that's why? I have FRU: 00JT494

EDIT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back