Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok for Bluetooth, the BLE4 was missing : BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext.
It s working now fine not as the WIFI with the random kernel panic.
I switched to a DW1560 m2 card and it is now perfect, both wifi/bluetooth without any KP

Hi, finally I was successful with my Broadcom card bought at this eBay link.

Im using it on my Lenovo Thinkpad x240 and will share my feedback. Im running Mojave 10.14.3

After many attempts, I succeeded using a mix of hints in this thread, but in my case it worked when I did it quite differently.

After I have unlocked my bios to accept the card, at the first attempts my Hackintosh was stucked at boot saying this on verbose mode last message. kextd stall[0] BCM2045A0.
Took me long time to figure out I could boot with the flag -brcmfx-driver=1
But then I could boot but my wifi was not working even after trying many procedures described here.
What finally made it work was the patched F_IO80211Familly.kext on post #53.
But surprisingly it only worked when I have copied back the Airportbrcmfixup.kext to /Lybrary/Extensions
After that was working but with some random panics, after many attempts and putting kexts to different locations now my system is perfect and I will describe how it is configured now.

1- Latest version of Airportbrcmfixup.kext its on /Library/Extensions
2- F_IO80211Family.kext is on System/Library/Extensions
3- Original IO80211Family.kext file deleted from System/Library/Extensions
4- Deleted BCMWLANFirmware4355_Datastore.kext, BCMWLANFirmware4355_Hashstore.kext, BCMWLANFirmware4364_Datastore.kext, BCMWLANFirmware4364_Hashstore.kext from System/Library/Extensions
5- Deleted AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext from System/Library/Extensions
6- Copied BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to System/Library/Extensions
7- Copied BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to System/Library/Extenisons
8- BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext its on Library/Extensions
9- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext its on CLOVER/kexts/other folder
10- FakePCIID.kext is on CLOVER/kexts/other folder

Items 6 and 7 was supposed to be in Library/Extenisons accordingly to some posts, but my system only became stable when I put them in System/Library/Extensions

The curious thing is that I have removed all the boot flags related to network and also some patches that I tried before and its working flawlessly now!

Maybe it can be useful to someone in the future.

Thanks.

Hi, finally I was successful with my Broadcom card bought at this eBay link.

Im using it on my Lenovo Thinkpad x240 and will share my feedback. Im running Mojave 10.14.3

After many attempts, I succeeded using a mix of hints in this thread, but in my case it worked when I did it quite differently.

After I have unlocked my bios to accept the card, at the first attempts my Hackintosh was stucked at boot saying this on verbose mode last message. kextd stall[0] BCM2045A0.
Took me long time to figure out I could boot with the flag -brcmfx-driver=1
But then I could boot but my wifi was not working even after trying many procedures described here.
What finally made it work was the patched F_IO80211Familly.kext on post #53.
But surprisingly it only worked when I have copied back the Airportbrcmfixup.kext to /Lybrary/Extensions
After that was working but with some random panics, after many attempts and putting kexts to different locations now my system is perfect and I will describe how it is configured now.

1- Latest version of Airportbrcmfixup.kext its on /Library/Extensions
2- F_IO80211Family.kext is on System/Library/Extensions
3- Original IO80211Family.kext file deleted from System/Library/Extensions
4- Deleted BCMWLANFirmware4355_Datastore.kext, BCMWLANFirmware4355_Hashstore.kext, BCMWLANFirmware4364_Datastore.kext, BCMWLANFirmware4364_Hashstore.kext from System/Library/Extensions
5- Deleted AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext from System/Library/Extensions
6- Copied BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to System/Library/Extensions
7- Copied BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to System/Library/Extenisons
8- BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext its on Library/Extensions
9- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext its on CLOVER/kexts/other folder
10- FakePCIID.kext is on CLOVER/kexts/other folder

Items 6 and 7 was supposed to be in Library/Extenisons accordingly to some posts, but my system only became stable when I put them in System/Library/Extensions

The curious thing is that I have removed all the boot flags related to network and also some patches that I tried before and its working flawlessly now!

Maybe it can be useful to someone in the future.

Thanks.

1- it's not -brcmfx-driver=1 but brcmfx-driver=1
2- the point of F_IO80211 is to keep the S/L/E clean (so no deleted files)
3- AirPortBrcmFixUp has no effect on the system as there is a mismatch between the version of macOS and the driver version (F_IO80211), so the patches wont apply
4- it's probably the FakePCIID that lead to your wifi card to be seen.

1- it's not -brcmfx-driver=1 but brcmfx-driver=1
2- the point of F_IO80211 is to keep the S/L/E clean (so no deleted files)
3- AirPortBrcmFixUp has no effect on the system as there is a mismatch between the version of macOS and the driver version (F_IO80211), so the patches wont apply
4- it's probably the FakePCIID that lead to your wifi card to be seen.
OK thanks. Good to know.
But after many attempts things started to work at a point that I didn't know exactly what was really relevant or not.
When I was having some panics I booted with my thumb usb drive and things worked good, then I looked thar my thumb usb drive had the FakePCIID files... So I have copied them also to my boot efi clover drive.
The fact that i thought it worked because of Airportbrcmfixup.kext was then just coincidence.
Thanks for the information.

I think I've finally nailed DW1820A both wifi and bluetooth on a Dell G7 7588 Laptop (only n wifi but what the hell)
Not 100% sure how I did it after going round the multitude of circles and adding and deleting various kexts etc but i'll try and share what I have on my system now it's working. Some of the kexts are not the latest versions but it is working so I ain't changing them.
Firstly before faffing with wifi you have to try and get the bluetooth recognised on a usb port. I did this by replacing the USBinjectall.kext with a cusdtom usbmap.kext made from following this guide
Thanks to Carl Mercier for that.

Then installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext into S/L/E. All from Rehabman. Thanks to him for those.

Then the ususal kexts in L/E

Then not 100% sure if the following clover patches are needed but they are in there and working

A very useful tool is hackintool to see whats going on with your usb ports and pci locations etc, to install kexts and fix permisiions.
If anyone's got any tips on how to get ac (5ghz) working I would be grateful
Cheers.

I think I've finally nailed DW1820A both wifi and bluetooth on a Dell G7 7588 Laptop (only n wifi but what the hell)
Not 100% sure how I did it after going round the multitude of circles and adding and deleting various kexts etc but i'll try and share what I have on my system now it's working. Some of the kexts are not the latest versions but it is working so I ain't changing them.
Firstly before faffing with wifi you have to try and get the bluetooth recognised on a usb port. I did this by replacing the USBinjectall.kext with a cusdtom usbmap.kext made from following this guide
Thanks to Carl Mercier for that.

Then installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext into S/L/E. All from Rehabman. Thanks to him for those.
View attachment 409040
Then the ususal kexts in L/E
View attachment 409041

Then not 100% sure if the following clover patches are needed but they are in there and working
View attachment 409049View attachment 409050
View attachment 409051

A very useful tool is hackintool to see whats going on with your usb ports and pci locations etc, to install kexts and fix permisiions.
If anyone's got any tips on how to get ac (5ghz) working I would be grateful
Cheers.
your 3rd party kexts should only be installed to /L/E and not S/L/E

I see these cards going cheap on eBay comapared to the dw1560. So from what I've read so far, the dw1820A isn't plug and play like the dw1560?

I see these cards going cheap on eBay comapared to the dw1560. So from what I've read so far, the dw1820A isn't plug and play like the dw1560?

No not plug & play, but it's hard to find DW1560's I tried ordering at 3 different places and my order got cancelled every time because they where out of stock... So I ordered a DW1820A instead.

Ahhhh, understood. So you're going to be going through loopholes to get this DW1820A to work correct? I see them cheap on ebay. Of course coming from China.

My Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX build is using DW1820A.

1. Wi-Fi works OOB, no need to use AirportBrcmFixup.kext, no need to fake PCI device ID in Clover, no need to Fixairport, no need to set brcmfx-driver.
The system will load BrcmNIC driver for this card as it's PCI device ID is14e4:43a3.
Card type in sysinf shows Third-Party Wireless Card.
2. Using AirportBrcmFixup.kext will make the card type turn into AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x23). Not much difference however.
1. I can't get BLE working correctly with any below combinations.
I can get firmware uploaded(bluetooth firmware version shows correct number instead of 4096), the system could recognize the bluetooth, I can scan bluetooth signals, I can barely make connection to bluetooth devices, but never get devices working.
a. RAM2 and Data inside clover/kexts/other.

b. RAM2 and Repo inside L/E.
c. RAM2, Repo and Custom Injector inside clover/kexts/other.
d. RAM2, Repo and Custom Injector inside L/E.
e. RAM2, customized Repo (customized according to this) inside L/E.

2. However, if I boot the system into Windows first, make sure the windows driver uploads the firmware correctly, and reboot into macOS with following combination, bluetooth will work.
a. RAM2 and NonPatchRam2.(added DW1820A entry) in clover/kexts/other.
b. RAM2 and Data in clover/kexts/other.
For now, I'm using method 2.a, but I still want to figure out how to upload the firmware via macOS.
System log tells nothing about brcm, I've no idea why the brcmpatchram2.kext are not outputting logs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back