ATI-M5950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I updated to high Sierra, and converted to new APFS system. After start everything working well except EFI partition has been deleted. When I try to install again clover 4097 in EFI partition as legacy bios (NOT allowed for me UEFI), gives me error install always. Tried in different ways but the best I got is error boot0ss:error at starting laptop.

For sure always I start partitioning (newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1), and later clover doing active boot for EFI partition.

With Sierra HFS+ system or High Sierra HFS+ (Before convert APFS) clover installed in legacy BIOS without troubles.

Please any idea for helping??.

Regards

Not a Laptop Guide - Moved to Laptop Support.

thanks.. sorry.

APFS conversion does change some file structure around
Are you sure that the EFI partition has changed?
I know that the old code to mount it has changed, so maybe that's why clover won't install?
You can manually mount it though through commands in Terminal

Thanks...no problem mounting EFI...just something wrong happened in conversion APFS....I reformatted and installed again...problem solved...now dual boot in same disk Sierra (HFS+) and High Sierra (APFS).

Regards

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-07-11 a las 18.10.52.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-07-11 a las 18.10.52.png
    35 KB · Views: 809
  • Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 322
Thanks...no problem mounting EFI...just something wrong happened in conversion APFS....I reformatted and installed again...problem solved...now dual boot in same disk Sierra (HFS+) and High Sierra (APFS).

Regards
hi, I have the same problem, can you help me how to format the EFI? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back