Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Install Catalina with preinstalled High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I'm thinking to do that next.
there is this thread:
which may help, you have a slightly different model but may have some insights

Have you checked that HD 7650m graphics are supported in Catalina ?
I've read a lot about unsupported & non-metal GPUs but I've found some installs done and working fine and I want to give it a try, but my problem now is that I'm counting on Clover, not OpenCore which I want to learn more about it first.

there is this thread:
which may help, you have a slightly different model but may have some insights
Thanks very much for sharing that, I've read that post, and that is what encourages me to take the Catalina installation step, but I thought that I can do the same using Clover.

Thanks very much for sharing that, I've read that post, and that is what encourages me to take the Catalina installation step, but I thought that I can do the same using Clover.
you may be able to with Clover

but I gave up on that bootloader awhile back now has it got too buggy, and then they had to start to mash in elements of opencore otherwise Big Sur wouldn't work which meant learning 2 bootloaders...

opencore is a lot cleaner and performs very well

you may be able to with Clover

but I gave up on that bootloader awhile back now has it got too buggy, and then they had to start to mash in elements of opencore otherwise Big Sur wouldn't work which meant learning 2 bootloaders...

opencore is a lot cleaner and performs very well
True, I've seen a lot of posts talking about it and how successful their builds are after using it.

Last edited:
I've solved the issue finally :thumbup: by downloading "apfs.efi" file from here:

I've solved the issue finally :thumbup: by downloading "apfs.efi" file from here:
that was my second thought when you mentioned you were using clover which is why I wanted to check your Clover folder and noticed that you already had an ApfsDriverLoader.efi :)

that was my second thought when you mentioned you were using clover which is why I wanted to check your Clover folder and noticed that you already had an ApfsDriverLoader.efi :)
[Sorry for the late reply]
Yes, it's very strange, I know that "ApfsDriverLoader.efi" should do the job, but It didn't work, and now I'm thinking it may be out of date, I'll be grateful if you share with me a trusted source to get the updated "ApfsDriverLoader.efi".

[Sorry for the late reply]
Yes, it's very strange, I know that "ApfsDriverLoader.efi" should do the job, but It didn't work, and now I'm thinking it may be out of date, I'll be grateful if you share with me a trusted source to get the updated "ApfsDriverLoader.efi".
i don't use clover anymore, jumped over to opencore

i don't use clover anymore, jumped over to opencore
You're not looking over a four leafed Clover that you've overlooked before ?

1666396726224.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back