Contribute
Register

Install Catalina on YOGA S740 (1065G7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shouldn't need to remake the usb installer

but maybe worth resetting nvram from the booter menu
Okay thankfuly backup is working after full usb remake.

I just have one question : what am i supposed to expect here in this menu . Is there going to be window that will allow me to connect to my wifi (if i find working kext)?

Okay thankfuly backup is working after full usb remake.

I just have one question : what am i supposed to expect here in this menu . Is there going to be window that will allow me to connect to my wifi (if i find working kext)?
normally at the top right of the screen when you get to the installer, you would see the standard wifi icon which you can then connect to your router

I decided to try and make full installer following this guide
But in later steps it talks about these files :

AppleDiagnostics.chunklist,
AppleDiagnostics.dmg,
BaseSystem.dmg,
BaseSystem.chunklist,
InstallESDDmg.pkg, and
InstallInfo.plist

and i have no idea where to find them ...

EDIT: NVM found them , ill try to install it with this guide , maybe WIfi will work once OS is booted

I managed to get to the first install window , i formated SSD and started installation , after first loading finished PC restarted and i got this kernel panic, anyone has idea what it is ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-10-14 at 14.27.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-10-14 at 14.27.42.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 59
IT READS IN BOLD... NVMe... which nvme are you using which kexts and why dont you read what is says and why dont you use the efi folder that was posted on the first page? why are you following some guide from god knows where if you have everything on the OC website? how are you gonna do deving for the love of god :D

stick to a vm is what i would suggest...

i mean when you do stuff like this you need to minimize the problems you might get so use the same base as everyone else and go from there... so do that come back and you might have a working hackintosh like we all already have!

Last edited:
IT READS IN BOLD... NVMe... which nvme are you using which kexts and why dont you read what is says and why dont you use the efi folder that was posted on the first page? why are you following some guide from god knows where if you have everything on the OC website? how are you gonna do deving for the love of god :D

stick to a vm is what i would suggest...

i mean when you do stuff like this you need to minimize the problems you might get so use the same base as everyone else and go from there... so do that come back and you might have a working hackintosh like we all already have!
You are right!
At first I tried the base zip from 1st post but I didn't know what I was doing and it didn't work.
Following those other guides helped me learn what it's all about.

Now I listened to you , this time correctly edited platform info , cfg lock and framebuffer stuff inside config. All seems to be going well , managed to boot and start installation, no graphical issues , but after first auto-reboot I'm stuck here (it's not actually stuck , it's responding to my keypress and occasionally says estimating time remaining) . How long does it usually last ?

Attachments

• 16026861170802008567580432918112.jpg
    16026861170802008567580432918112.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
Yes, dvmt has a solution! But yoga s740 can solve the stone memory problem by modifying the dvmt setting to 160M through ru.efi! And my github efi hasn't been updated for a long time because there is no new progress in sleep! Aoac sleep is a big problem, and bios has no related settings! After using my github's efi installation system, it is best to reconfigure according to your own requirements
btw, did you try to install big sur?

I officially give up , i guess ill come back after a month or two .
For me it just freezes randomly during instalation, sometimes im not doing anything in Disk Utility and it freezes , other times it completes first installation and then reboots and freezes halfway through second instalation part.

Here is my OC folder if anyone wants to give it a try. Thanks for everyone who replied to my nonesense posts ! Love you guys!
btw, did you try to install big sur?
No i always tried Catalina, wait don't tell me I wasted 2 days installing wrong OS version , I will slap myself

Attachments

• OC.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 136
GibMacos tool didn't offer big Sur as option so I never even thought about it
the question was to frozenzero, not to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back