Contribute
Register

Install Catalina on YOGA S740 (1065G7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, usb is mapped. i have dgpu on that laptop.
Have you tried the second disable dGPU method from the doortania guide?

Have you tried the second disable dGPU method from the doortania guide?
sorry, made a mistake. i have no dgpu on the laptop.

btw, if anyone has the problems with sleep on ice lake laptops (i am not sure it's gonna fix for G1 graphics) - here is the fix of that problem. finally sleep is working super stable. have tested for 10 cycles of wake and sleep, also power management is good at sleep - over the night (10hrs+) my battery discharged from 100% to 96% (only 4% lost).

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1207 (in my case -noDC9 worked, you can try another one too. use only one of them)

p.s. - also, try to change default framebuffer to another one (test all of them to check which one working more stable in your laptop)

thanks ,your messages push me to read , understand and apply power managment , sleep & wake fix, and it works,
I wish you a nice day

sorry, made a mistake. i have no dgpu on the laptop.

btw, if anyone has the problems with sleep on ice lake laptops (i am not sure it's gonna fix for G1 graphics) - here is the fix of that problem. finally sleep is working super stable. have tested for 10 cycles of wake and sleep, also power management is good at sleep - over the night (10hrs+) my battery discharged from 100% to 96% (only 4% lost).

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1207 (in my case -noDC9 worked, you can try another one too. use only one of them)

p.s. - also, try to change default framebuffer to another one (test all of them to check which one working more stable in your laptop)
Quoting @frozenzero123 so he sees it. Maybe you could try this out and see if it works?

Quoting @frozenzero123 so he sees it. Maybe you could try this out and see if it works?
he has i7-1065G7, so it's should work. also, he has AOAC enabled by default, so that's might be the problem. I have the setting in BIOS to turn on AOAC, so sleep is working properly even with AOAC enabled, without any special SSDTs or patches. So, it might work.

About your case it's more complicated, because you have G1 graphics, that's migth be the "root" of the problem for power management or sleep. Ice Lake graphics is still unstable, there are lot's of people who can't get screen to work at all, only external are working. In my case - i still can't patch HDMI port to work properly.

Hello ,
Im very new to all this hackintosh stuff, i own S740 I7-1065G7 intel AX wifi and Samsung SSD.

Problem is i dont understand ANYTHING you guys are saying and i have 2 questions

-Can someone link me some guide i can follow to install this and what files i should use?
-Can i go back to windows anytime by booting windows from USB ?

Hello ,
Im very new to all this hackintosh stuff, i own S740 I7-1065G7 intel AX wifi and Samsung SSD.

Problem is i dont understand ANYTHING you guys are saying and i have 2 questions

-Can someone link me some guide i can follow to install this and what files i should use?
-Can i go back to windows anytime by booting windows from USB ?

Hi there and welcome :thumbup:

As you can see, this thread looks to be pretty close to your hardware, so perhaps it's what you need.

Also, do what we recommend everyone does who's new to Hackintoshing:

Search is your friend here. With laptops there is more likelihood you will find the same one you are using than you might with, say, a piecemeal desktop PC.

Installing Catalina on a laptop is covered here:

:)

I assume this guide can help me https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-usb-installer-using-opencore.296375/ ?

But now i have question about these two quotes from OPs guide

Important!Important!Important!​

• CFG lock: must change(important! Must be done!)
  • DVMT: 64M or higher!(important! Must be done!)

Where do i change those? In my bios i dont see those options ?
there are 2 options already in place if you are unable to disable CFG lock

there are also a few patches in the config.plist if you are unable to to set DVMT to 64MB

lol, why my message was deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back