Contribute
Register

Install Catalina on YOGA S740 (1065G7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very important question The power button does not respond! Let's check together! It's about whether the sleep function is realized!
Maybe the problem could be solved with a dsdt.

Yeah,I think so, too.
fronzenzero, how did you extract the bios file and find the cfglock and dvmt entries? I want TUNIN to succeed as the same G7 user. I'll do my best, but it may take some time. Also, I still have a problem with my laptop (power management, strange weird second stage boot screen fix). PS: yoqueco, did you launch the graphics?

Yeah,I think so, too.
fronzenzero, how did you extract the bios file and find the cfglock and dvmt entries? I want TUNIN to succeed as the same G7 user. I'll do my best, but it may take some time. Also, I still have a problem with my laptop (power management, strange weird second stage boot screen fix). PS: yoqueco, did you launch the graphics?
Thank you 1234alsock and good luck! :)

I extracted Bios.fd from Installer and then .reloc from bios.fd. What do I have to do now?
Update: Maybe I found the offsets and I think they are the same as yours frozenzero.
Cfglock.JPG

dvmt.JPG
sasetup.JPG

Attachments

• .reloc.rar
    6.5 MB · Views: 72
  • BIOS.rar
    6.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Finally I almost succeeded. A million thanks for BIOS patch and files to frozenzero123. With frozenzero123 files I had NO keyboard. I switched to 1234alsock EFI (thank you). Still no trackpad. More importantly, at booting I always get black screen. I have to close and open the lid to wake up screen. Thank you both for your help.

Attachments

• 2020-08-25_15-34-46.jpg
    2020-08-25_15-34-46.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
OK! try this!

Attachments

• trackpad succeed.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 114
I hope it will work on mine laptop, heh

TUNIN, run WDFInst.exe on this file. After that, execute H2OUVE-W-GUIx64.exe. Then,
Select load runtime and save the bios file from file>save as>. Please upload it.

Attachments

• S740-DVMT-CFGLOCK(s740BIOS(BYCN33WW)).zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 90
TUNIN, run WDFInst.exe on this file. After that, execute H2OUVE-W-GUIx64.exe. Then,
Select load runtime and save the bios file from file>save as>. Please upload it.
I tried that, but I can't save.
I opened cmd as admin, cd c:/
WDFInst.exe
Then I opened H2OUVE-W-GUIx64.exe, selected load Runtime and when I go to File>Save as, this button is disabled.

Sorry,path is file>Dump bios ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back