Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booted with -x GraphicsEnabler=No and installed again the boot loader and Extras folder to EFI partition. Apparently I've messed up the first time.

Hello,

ThX for the tuto.

Why when i re mount my EFI partition later (than tweaks) everything in disappeared?

Hi Guys,

I recently tried this guide, and whenever I boot, it gets hung up upon booting. The 'Read HFS+ Files' just stop. I see that when I boot from the USB (which I can do), it shows me booting from HDD 0,1 whereas the EFI partition is trying to read from 0,2. Is there any way I can change the EFI partition to read from 0,1?

Any help is appreciated!

i have one problem, when i try to install new options or updates to the mounted efi partition with multibeast, multibeast cancels with error !?

05/20/15 21:40:11 - Installing 'Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 5,1'
05/20/15 21:40:11 - Install of '/Users/milo/Desktop/MultiBeast - Yosemite Edition 2/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/MacPro5,1.pkg' failed.
'installer: Error trying to locate volume at /Volumes/EFI
'. Exiting.

/Volumes/EFI is present and mounted

My Setup:
ASUS G751JT
NVDIA GTX970m
16GB RAM
SSD with normal windows install
1TB HDD with two data partitions and a 100GB partitions for Yosemite at the end.

=====

Hello,
so I downloaded the script and used that to mount the EFI and copied over the Extra folder. Then I followed Step 5 to make this the EFI partition active. Not only does this not seem to work, but now I have no way of accessing my Windows 8.1 OS.

1. How to I do this process correctly?
2. How do I restore the ability to boot directly into windows? I tried using Disk Part from a Windows installer to reinstate the windows side as active but that evidently doesn't work.

Please help. Right now I can only get into Yosemite via my Unibeast USB. Windows is completely inaccessible.

:banghead:

EDIT:
I was able to restore Windows by wiping the SSD and using installation media (USB). I had to use a program called Rufus to correctly format the USB installer though because I initially created it on a BIOS system and Windows was returning an error saying that it could restore my disk image that was created on UEFI firmware. Weird, huh?

Still sorting out what went wrong with the terminal. May have followed the guide to a tee and accidentally performed fdisk commands on my SSD instead of the HDD where Yosemite/Chimera are located.

Super Duper not copy to other disk EFI partition.

If you clone your hard disk - like me to do the test before - use this method again, even if you have your EFI with all extras an SSDT.

Devs could be very interesting in Clover days, to add in Multibeast or Unibeast a command to transfer all the files to EFI Partition.

Thanks!

People told me to use this guide to fix the boot0 gibberish error.

So, if I install Yosemite completely new and when I'm on the Desktop, do I have to do the Multibeast stuff first to install the Bootloader and all the drivers? Or do I have to do all these steps here bevore I use Multibeast?

Sup. Have a trouble. I have the Asus B85-Plus motherboard (8 series), 1tb hdd on GUID partition type, installed OS X Yosemite on first partition and Windows 8.1 on other NTFS partition. I can't boot Windows or OS X without UniBeast usb, motherboard just can't see bootable OS'es on HDD. When i install Chimera to EFI partition, i can boot OS X well, but can't boot Windows. Error 0xc000000e. Anyone can helo me with this?
P.s. with UniBeast i can boot OS X and Windows normally.
IMG_0275.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back