Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

bash-3.2# fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
fdisk: could not open MBR file boot0: No such file or directory
please help????

It means you probably missed a step - Perhaps Step 3 Item 4.

Check carefully.

see the screenshot please i made it dozen of time and carefully the same problem

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 10.30.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 10.30.09 PM.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 232

see the screenshot please i made it dozen of time and carefully the same problem

Many users have followed this guide and proved that it works.
If it doesn't work for you it is probably because you haven't followed it correctly.

Oops, did this with my drives plugged in.

So I did this once, missed a line, proceeded to fix some other things wrong with my hackintosh, then went back to this while (oh darn) my hard drives were plugged in. Now they won't mount and have been renamed disk2s2 and disk3s2. Is there a way to correct this? It's not 10000% critical that I get the data off (I have month old backups), but I'd love to just have them mount correctly. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Thanks tonymacx86 for this very useful tutorial. Allowed to boot Mav 10.9.5 on my ASUS Z87-Pro without USB stick.

One small issue: I have 3 other OSes on separate disks and am using Grub to boot-load whichever OS I want to work in. Grub did automagically find the #2 partition of the Mav disk and can more or less boot that all by itself, however ..... none of the Chimera/Chameleon injected stuff is then available (i.e. no ALC1150 audio, no SMbios settings, etc.). Any known tricks to make Grub find and boot into the now bootable EFI partition #1?

Thanks,
- Damir

Verifying DMI pool is very slow after moving to EFI folder.

Moving boot and /Extra to EFI went smooth. But getting very slow verifying DMI pool now.

I checked all my AWARD BIOS settings,even flashed a newer BIOS, and I only get the issue booting from the drive I moved boot and /Extra to.

When booting from other drives there is no delay on DMI pool.

The drive I am booting from is intel SSD 80G with Yosemite (GPT journaled) installed on it and nothing else. It is plugged into Sata0 and even if I remove all other drives I still get the delayed verifying DMI pool. The system does boot but is very slow about 20-30 second delay at DMI pool message.

Any thoughts?

r.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back