Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

PLESE help me i get this error
bash-3.2# fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
fdisk: could not open MBR file boot0: No such file or directory

what should i do

same Issue as Didii mentioned here with OSX and Win7 on same drive.
(11-14-2013, 10:04 AM)
Have tried it several times, always with same result.

After performing this Guide my Windows7 is scratched.
Seems like it always corrupts my boot files in Win7.

After i reinstall Win7, it gives me the "Missing operating system" message.
So that I've to start from USB-Stick again.

Any Solution for that ?

Thanks

I followed the instructions, but reach a black screen at the desktop. I can control the audio and everything, but no image.
Using the GraphicsEnablers=No -x boot flags I can reach the desktop and continue to work.

Any suggestions? I don't have integrated graphics, and I though the HD 7950 had native support.
Do I need a DSDT? Kext? Combo update to 10.9.4? Chimera?

EDIT: Got it working. Just have to use GraphicsEnabler=No. I edited the plist so it will default to that setting.
The BIOS takes considerably longer to run through on my motherboard. It takes around 1 minute to get past the "Verfying DMI Pool Data" screen. Also, selecting my Windows 7 drive with Chimera will result in a "Boot Manager Missing" error, but if I boot directly into the Windows 7 drive by changing the boot order on the motherboard it works fine. Good enough for me.

Specs:
i7-930
Gigabyte GA-x58A-ud5 Rev 2.0
ATI HD 7950
SSD, 32GB RAM, Cinema Display over DVI,
Mavericks 10.9.00

Last edited:

I installed everything and the procedure went flawlessly. Everything is running great. But an issue has cropped up. I wanted to make a change to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in order to try and get HDMI audio working and when I mounted EFI, it was empty. Any ideas?

Dan

I did these steps 4 times already, but my pc keeps hanging on Loading Operating System... I have done this before and it worked, but now I just can't get it to work anymore. I'm doing these steps exactly right, but it just doesn't want to boot. The HDD LED on my pc is always burning like crazy when it gives me this message. I am using the integrated Intel graphics chip for installation and I can boot it as long as I don't do these steps.

After doing all of this I also can't seem to boot any USB stick or other HDD, only after I format the OSX disk I can use my PC again. I hope you guys can help me because I can't find my way out.

Specs :
Gigabyte GA-H67M-UD2H-B3
AMD HD7950 3GB
8GB RAM
64GB OCZ Onyx SSD (works fine after formatting)
Intel i5 3570k @ stock speeds

73445d1384101505-efi.png.html

NOTE: This procedure is entirely optional, and will not give you any other benefits beyond cleaning the root of your install. Also, each time you want to make changes, you'll have to mount your EFI partition through the Terminal. If you're uncomfortable using the Terminal, do not proceed.

Hey a note; If you enable the Debug Menu in Disk Utility then you can mount your EFI partition without the Terminal, Yes, I said no Terminal worl at all!:clap::D

Last edited by a moderator:

Success with Asus H81M-Plus.

Great job.

What if I just erase and then join it with my current partition to gain some extra space (I have a 128 GB only SSD)? Or is such a volume necessary for Mac OS to boot up?

bash-3.2# fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
fdisk: could not open MBR file boot0: No such file or directory
please help????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back