Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!!! Trying to follow this process off of a new install of mavericks 10.93. when I go
Into terminal and type sudo -s it says "command not recognized." Can some one help let me know if there is a new command for mavericks 10.93 or if I am doing something wrong. Thanks

nicos-mac-pro:~ Nico$ sudo -s
bash-3.2# fdisk -e /dev/rdisk2
fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory
This is what happens when i want the EFI partition to be primary. I have been going trough the steps several times now.

What can i do from here?

EDIT: Nevermind, were not paying great attention to my spelling after so many tries, i kinda messed up the order of what i should've typed in Terminal.

Works great now.

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

One way to avoid typing sudo all the time is to set the root password and su to root. I hate typing sudo all the time :D

Thank you so much for this guide; I was going out of my mind trying to boot my 10.9.2 build without the USB drive. I originally built my box in 2011 with a Radeon 5770 Batmobile but that died shortly after the warranty expired. I wanted a better card for flight simulation so bought an XFX 7950 Ghost ed in full knowledge that it probably wouldn't work with OS X (I returned to Windows 7). I rebuilt with Mavericks last week and a fresh 2TB WD Caviar Black and everything was fine apart from booting. Eventually after cruising this site all day every day, I figured out that a combination of things - this guide and flashing my BIOS from FF to FH, might get it working. This part of it was dead easy. Flashing the BIOS required reassembling the Windows 7 build as FF to FH can only be done with @bios because of the different size of the image. It took me far longer to find that out than do the OS X related parts...

Thanks again

Thanks so, so much for this. It allowed me to upgrade my Apple Ati 5770 to a Gigabyte HD 7950. I was getting that weird boot0: done error without this fix.

Hey,

i have a problem with step 3.6

Type: fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

bash-3.2# fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

bash: fdisk: command not found

can anybody help me!?

Can someone please help me with following problem:

After following this guide step by step numerous times I keep getting the same error upon first try to boot from EFI:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

The only way to boot back to OS X is via UniBeast.

I have attached a screenshot of my Terminal commands used to set up EFI partition. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyashulendr9ctq/terminal.jpg
I have also attached another screenshot where it shows that boot and /Extra are present on the EFI partition.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p2qidj4lkv445n/terminal_2.jpg

I completely ran out of ideas what to try next. So any help would be much appreciated

My build is:

GA-Z87X-UD3H
i7-4770
Asus Radeon R9 280x Windforce
240GB Crucial M500 SDD for OS X

Attachments

• terminal.png
    terminal.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 169
  • terminal_2.png
    terminal_2.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 128
After do that bootloader:

This is withe integrated graphics: (works before)
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000Graphics - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 not found
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000Graphics - failed to resolve dependencies.

I try with a ATI R9 270X and i got a similar problem but not found a IOGraphicsFamily.kext

Please HELP!!! why is happening this? why not found that kext if are on /S/L/Ex...

Can someone please help me with following problem:

After following this guide step by step numerous times I keep getting the same error upon first try to boot from EFI:

boot0: GPT
boot0: done
boot1: error

The only way to boot back to OS X is via UniBeast.

I have attached a screenshot of my Terminal commands used to set up EFI partition. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyashulendr9ctq/terminal.jpg
I have also attached another screenshot where it shows that boot and /Extra are present on the EFI partition.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p2qidj4lkv445n/terminal_2.jpg

I completely ran out of ideas what to try next. So any help would be much appreciated

My build is:

GA-Z87X-UD3H
i7-4770
Asus Radeon R9 280x Windforce
240GB Crucial M500 SDD for OS X

Hey Guys i have the exact same issue with Gigabyte Radeon 7970 and 4k hard drive.
it worked with an old 80gb non 4k hard drive?
i have already tried the fix for 4k harddrives without succes.
regards wolf

Thanks for this guide firstly!
However, I have some questions about the UEFI hard drive mode, hope somebody can help me solve that, thanks a lot in advance!
My motherboard is X79-UP4, same as others UEFI motherboard, there are two mode to boot a hard drive, one of them have string "UEFI", while the other haven't. Is it means the hard drive boot in UEFI mode with the "UEFI" option? But this option can't boot into system after the "UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC" guide, maybe because MultiBeast install chimera into the OS X partition instead of the efi partition -- I guess? So, I install bootloader into the EFI partition as this guide said, but the UEFI option is gone...... I search this question in some Chinese forum(mother language, easy to read ^_^), they said the UEFI motherboard can boot from efi partition only if this partition is fat32 format. Is that true? What should I do in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back