Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, recently I wrote a guide on how to update to the latest version chimera. Unfortunately, all of a sudden, I find the underscore and black screen. I had, therefore, restore the partition with the bootloader of UniBeast. Has anyone found a way to update to version 3.0.1 of chimera? With the release within UniBeast, the computer starts up, but it is written "This bootloader is not supported". Thanks so much!

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

This way too scary! I dual boot and everything works so well at the moment.

I just got a new graphics card that is not displaying - maybe this will help :(

Yes, maybe! Thanks so much for your response!

Hey Guys:
im a bit stuck in here because i have a seagate 4k drive and after this im still having boot0 error.
how can i fix it?

Im Confused. I am planning a fresh install to Mavericks and because of my motherboard (Asus), I want to boot without having to use a USB Drive. In step 4 it says:

Step 4:
Drag your current /Extra file to your EFI Partition. Alternately, install basic boot options, system definition, and theme from MultiBeast. If this is a fresh installation, you'll also need to install FakeSMC to your main hard drive.

Do I Run Multibeast First Before Moving The Extra Folder To The New Partition Or Complete The Steps And Then Run Multibeast When I'm Done Installing The Bootloader And Extra Folder To The EFI Partition? Thanks In Advance.

Do I Run Multibeast First Before Moving The Extra Folder To The New Partition Or Complete The Steps And Then Run Multibeast When I'm Done Installing The Bootloader And Extra Folder To The EFI Partition? Thanks In Advance.

I Think I Figured It Out! For some reason I believed kexts went into the same folder (Extras) not realizing it went into a different folder (Extensions). So, I would just have to worry about things like boot options, System definitions and etc before moving the Extra folder to its new location. Let me know if Im missing anything. Im kinda new at this. Figuring it out as I go along.

I Think I Figured It Out! For some reason I believed kexts went into the same folder (Extras) not realizing it went into a different folder (Extensions). So, I would just have to worry about things like boot options, System definitions and etc before moving the Extra folder to its new location. Let me know if Im missing anything. Im kinda new at this. Figuring it out as I go along.
Hey:
what worked for me was installing everything as normal to my HDD and the i just copied extra to the EFI partition and after that i deleted i from the HDD.

Can somebody please help me before I break the PC@! I have everything working just fine before I input my GPU and EFI installation. after that the sound doesn't work and I get this error message in the begging;

I use multibeast 6.3 and audio is ACL898. But no matter what I've done it doesn't come back on. Can somebody be my guide on this?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

I use multibeast 6.3 and audio is ACL898. But no matter what I've done it doesn't come back on. Can somebody be my guide on this?

something to try:

update your chimera to 3.x version (your screenshot seems like you are using chimera 2.x), under audio section use the alc 989 option along with EFI partition option. There is a new way to make sound working in chimera 3, there are many posts about this you should probably troubleshoot there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back