I did it and when I rebooted it said:
boot0: GPI
boot0: test
boot0: GPI
boot0: error_

A search on the forum on "boot0 error" will fix that right up.

This guide saved my bacon. Between my lack of familiarity with UEFI and my new HD7770, I couldn't get my machine to boot correctly. After going through this guide, it was smooth sailing.

Thanks for putting this together!

I'm still getting gibberish after doing this step and I still have to boot using the UniBeast USB. :(

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I saw this thread a couple of months ago, and while interesting, I wondered what all the work would give me. I don't use a DSDT, so the only thing I really have in my /Extra folder is my .plists.

Well, last night I had to do a system restore using Time Machine. While Time Machine restored the data just fine, it screwed up my Chimera bootloader. If I put the bootloader on the EFI partition, would Time Machine ignore that partition, and let me boot without fear of losing the bootloader?

Yes- however we are looking into adding EFI install capability to the Chimera standalone installer- which would make this process a bit easier.

Tony,
Any update on when you may implement the EFI solution to the Chimera or Multibeast installer?

If I did these steps to overwrite my Clover install, does anyone know how to revert back? I desperately need to get Clover back on and won't work. It installs just fine (it remembers my old choices in the setup for some reason), but when I go to boot, the EFI for that drive doesn't show up in the boot loader, only legacy. If I select legacy, Chimera boots still... I'm assuming because I overwrote the MBR with boot0.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Looks like to revert back to clover, you need to install Chimera to the drive through the normal installer, then install clover through the installer. Now EFI shows up for my Mac drive in my BIOS (well uEFI)

My setup is:
MSI z87 g41 pc mate
i5 4670
MSI R7770
I have successfully installed Mavericks after flashing my BIOS. I chose the pre-selected options in multibeast as I was unsure what to use (DSDT free)
Windows 8.1 is my primary disk unhooked while I did the install and all is fine there. Upon booting to my Mac drive I just get a page full of symbols. Is this due to my graphics card or the boot loader install? OS X boots fine from USB/Chimera/Mavericks.
Are there more drivers I may need to install, or do you recommend attempting this guide? I don't really know my way around a Mac and am a little hesitant to try this.

My setup is:
MSI z87 g41 pc mate
i5 4670
MSI R7770
Upon booting to my Mac drive I just get a page full of symbols. Is this due to my graphics card or the boot loader install? OS X boots fine from USB/Chimera/Mavericks.

This guide solves the problem that occurs with GPU cards like the '7770' where you get a Boot0 error with either a few lines or a complete screen of gibberish symbols.

Follow the guide closely and take your time. You can cut/paste the commands if you wish - but you must at all points know exactly were you are and don't get interrupted while you follow the process.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back