Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Seems a long time when I tried the legacy blog version. Will play this weekend. GREAT POST.

Thanks Tony! it works perfectly for my Maximus Impact running Mavs and Win7

It fixed my hammered looking apple logo after choosing the OS as well. Even tho the black border is still there.

I reformatted the EFI partition on the main drive of my Fusion Drive.
Then I ran these two respective commands

1. Type: dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
  2. Type: cp boot /Volumes/EFI/
(The others didn't seem necessary since it's already been setup, these instructions seemed to be for a brand new drive)

Then I removed the Extra folder from my Fusion drive and both of the the "Boot OS X" partitions from each drive in the array.

I rebooted and it seems to work fine.

Question: Can I remove the boot file from the root of each of the drives in the fusion array?

I'd have to say I don't know if this is really useful for us Fusion Drive guys. Our Extra folder is already hidden on the separate disk's partition. The whole Extra folder on the logical fusion drive is completely useless in my experience. But I have this setup working as well...

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

just as an update, it screws up my windows OS. :D. does anyone have the same problem?

You're awesome! This is pretty cool

Fantastic guide! Everything went smooth and I can stop booting with my UniBeast USB drive. I still can't use GraphicsEnabler=y (after Chimera chooses Aji frame buffer I get a memory allocation error and the boot halts), not that it matters much anyway; only System Information show AMD 7XXX, everything else recognizes both my HD7950s as such and I experience no issues. :p

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Yes- however we are looking into adding EFI install capability to the Chimera standalone installer- which would make this process a bit easier.

- that would be REALLY GREAT!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back