Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this is a little off topic, but you mentioned that it would "rid your drive of extra Hackintosh files". I'm having an issue getting iLife to update after installing Mavericks. With the change of location of these files, would it possibly resolve this issue? I don't see a downside to this procedure, so I might give it shot and see what happens.

Using RamDisk boot faster than PCIE raid storage of the next MacPro. I have 4x8 gb fsb 1.6Ghz my processor 4.5Ghz 4770k. Boot speed is 1.6Ghz/s. Last Mac pro is between 1 to 1.2Ghz/s.

Does that mean i wont get the gtp or boot 0 problem with all the long weird characters with my hd7580?

Will rape windows 7 dual boot for some reason, no idea what win7 needs the EFI partition for, but hey, its windows. Sucks because I thought this was a very elegant solution.

Hi,
Does it work just with Maverics? What about Mountain Lion?
Thanks

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I only have Chimera installed on the EFI partition of my SSD (disk0s1). My HDD EFI partition (disk1s1) is completely blank. Everything works just fine. With nothing but the stock Boot OSX partition at s3.

So it's a single installation method that works both for Fusion Drive setups and non-Fusion Drive setups by installing the boot loader on the first disks.

So you created a fusion drive from scratch to test this? I ask because if you didn't you would have already setup the boot loader on both of the disks s3 partitions and would have had to remove the boot loader from the 2nd disks s3 partition to do what you have described.

When you boot up do you only see one disk in the boot loader options?

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

So you created a fusion drive from scratch to test this? I ask because if you didn't you would have already setup the boot loader on both of the disks s3 partitions and would have had to remove the boot loader from the 2nd disks s3 partition to do what you have described.

When you boot up do you only see one disk in the boot loader options?

Yes, brand new installation... I just built a new Hackintosh and started straight off with Fusion Drive and installed Chimera in the EFI partition of my SSD using TonyMacx86's guide here.

I only get one icon in the Bootloader screen showing my Mavericks disk "Macintosh HD". It's the Mavericks icon plus a little RAID note showing it's a RAID drive (since that what FD technically is).

My Boot OS X partitions are completely bone stock, I haven't even mounted them yet since the initial build.

I'll take a few screen snaps from terminal showing the Boot OS X partitions and the EFI partitions from both drives when I have a little bit of time later.

How to revert it to the beginning?

I just finished the guide, but things happened
And the bootloader didn't load the smbios.plist

Then screen went black

Any sugesst?
Spec:
Ga-h67-USB-b3 [F9]
I3-3220(doesn't work with HD2500)
4gx2
Gf210

Status
Not open for further replies.