qbe

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I use multibeast 6.3 and audio is ACL898. But no matter what I've done it doesn't come back on. Can somebody be my guide on this?

something to try:

update your chimera to 3.x version (your screenshot seems like you are using chimera 2.x), under audio section use the alc 989 option along with EFI partition option. There is a new way to make sound working in chimera 3, there are many posts about this you should probably troubleshoot there

Motherboard
Mountain Lion 10.8.5
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help!!! Trying to follow this process off of a new install of mavericks 10.93. when I go
Into terminal and type sudo -s it says "command not recognized." Can some one help let me know if there is a new command for mavericks 10.93 or if I am doing something wrong. Thanks

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme
CPU
Intel i7 3930K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
nicos-mac-pro:~ Nico$ sudo -s
bash-3.2# fdisk -e /dev/rdisk2
fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory
This is what happens when i want the EFI partition to be primary. I have been going trough the steps several times now.

What can i do from here?

EDIT: Nevermind, were not paying great attention to my spelling after so many tries, i kinda messed up the order of what i should've typed in Terminal.

Works great now.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Extreme, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 4 x WD 3TB HDs
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K (Quad Core; Haswell)
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce 3 GTX 780 3GB (Not Overclocked)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other

One way to avoid typing sudo all the time is to set the root password and su to root. I hate typing sudo all the time :D

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
RX 580
Thank you so much for this guide; I was going out of my mind trying to boot my 10.9.2 build without the USB drive. I originally built my box in 2011 with a Radeon 5770 Batmobile but that died shortly after the warranty expired. I wanted a better card for flight simulation so bought an XFX 7950 Ghost ed in full knowledge that it probably wouldn't work with OS X (I returned to Windows 7). I rebuilt with Mavericks last week and a fresh 2TB WD Caviar Black and everything was fine apart from booting. Eventually after cruising this site all day every day, I figured out that a combination of things - this guide and flashing my BIOS from FF to FH, might get it working. This part of it was dead easy. Flashing the BIOS required reassembling the Windows 7 build as FF to FH can only be done with @bios because of the different size of the image. It took me far longer to find that out than do the OS X related parts...

Thanks again

Motherboard
Asus Z97-Deluxe, 32GB GSkill RipjawsX, Corsair H60 water cooler, Corsair RM750 PS
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks so, so much for this. It allowed me to upgrade my Apple Ati 5770 to a Gigabyte HD 7950. I was getting that weird boot0: done error without this fix.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey,

i have a problem with step 3.6

Type: fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

bash-3.2# fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

bash: fdisk: command not found

can anybody help me!?

Motherboard
Mac OS x
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
Asus R9 280x Windforce
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Can someone please help me with following problem:

After following this guide step by step numerous times I keep getting the same error upon first try to boot from EFI:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

The only way to boot back to OS X is via UniBeast.

I have attached a screenshot of my Terminal commands used to set up EFI partition. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyashulendr9ctq/terminal.jpg
I have also attached another screenshot where it shows that boot and /Extra are present on the EFI partition.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p2qidj4lkv445n/terminal_2.jpg

I completely ran out of ideas what to try next. So any help would be much appreciated

My build is:

GA-Z87X-UD3H
i7-4770
Asus Radeon R9 280x Windforce
240GB Crucial M500 SDD for OS X

Attachments

• terminal.png
    terminal.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 144
  • terminal_2.png
    terminal_2.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 106
Motherboard
Acer Aspire VX15-Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 and GTX 1050 Ti 1920x1080
After do that bootloader:

This is withe integrated graphics: (works before)
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000Graphics - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 not found
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000Graphics - failed to resolve dependencies.

I try with a ATI R9 270X and i got a similar problem but not found a IOGraphicsFamily.kext

Please HELP!!! why is happening this? why not found that kext if are on /S/L/Ex...

Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Can someone please help me with following problem:

After following this guide step by step numerous times I keep getting the same error upon first try to boot from EFI:

boot0: GPT
boot0: done
boot1: error

The only way to boot back to OS X is via UniBeast.

I have attached a screenshot of my Terminal commands used to set up EFI partition. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyashulendr9ctq/terminal.jpg
I have also attached another screenshot where it shows that boot and /Extra are present on the EFI partition.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p2qidj4lkv445n/terminal_2.jpg

I completely ran out of ideas what to try next. So any help would be much appreciated

My build is:

GA-Z87X-UD3H
i7-4770
Asus Radeon R9 280x Windforce
240GB Crucial M500 SDD for OS X

Hey Guys i have the exact same issue with Gigabyte Radeon 7970 and 4k hard drive.
it worked with an old 80gb non 4k hard drive?
i have already tried the fix for 4k harddrives without succes.
regards wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.