Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I don't know about the 7950, but yes, confirmed with both the 7870 and the 7970. :thumbup:
Also confirm 7750 :thumbup:

Thanks for the tutorial..
Works great on P9D WS motherboard.

This works very well. GA-Z77X-UD5H with SanDisk 240 GB and Seagate 2TB as Fusion Drive running here. Boot is set to the SSD where bootloader and Extra is installed. Thanks Tony for making this possible.

BTW: I did intalling the unusal way and I got a Recovery Partition as well. The two drives were put in an ICY-Box for two SATA-Drives and connected to a real MacBook Pro via USB. Then I booted an USB-Stick with Mavericks Installer, setup the Fusion Drive and installed Mavericks as usual on a real Mac. When setup was finished, I connected the USB-Box with the two (Fusion Drive) drives to my already running Mavericks on the GA-Z77X-UD5H. It was deteced without any issue. After erasing the Fusion Drive from the new installed system I copied my running Mavericks-system with carbon copy cloner to the new Fusion drive. Then following the guide here I was able to boot into my new Fusion Drive as before in the stand alone drive. It is incredible fast now!!! Also the already setup TimeMachine was just working as before and did not copy the whole new drive to the backup disk.

I followed the guide to the letter and I still get a white screen on startup with GraphicsEnabler=No with my 7950. I still need to rotate the screen to get it to show the desktop :(. I tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes too and that gives me a black screen like usual. I never figured out why it does that. Is this method only meant to stop the gibberish text from appearing at boot or is it supposed to help get past the white screen too?

I've followed this guide on a fresh install of Mavericks, and every time I try booting from the hard drive, it just sends me back to the BIOS; booting from the install USB, on the other hand, works just fine. I'm currently using a Asus z87-plus motherboard, which is why I'm attempting this legacy boot in the first place; anyone have experience with this mobo, or know something special I might need to do to get this build working?

Hello tony 1 question i installed maverix from usb stick and i boot in to mac drive from same boot loater from that usb stick how cant i move those boot files from the installer usb stick that i use to boot to my mac drive direcly on my mac drive (escuse my English) i hope u can help me thx .

Appreciating all hard work done here .Greetings.

I'm wondering:
If we place the stuff on the EFI partition with this method, does it mean that after repairing the OS partition with something like Disk Warrior we won't have to run multibeast again to reactivate boot? :confused:

I just had to do a disk repair on my Mavericks install and so I can confirm that a disk repair does not affect the EFI partition in any way as after the disk repair I could still boot directly to my Mavericks install without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back