Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Install appears frozen with "11 minutes remaining"

I read somewhere while researching that, when upgrading, sometimes the Yosemite install will hang with a certain number of minutes for literally hours but will ultimately upgrade if you just wait it out. However, this is a clean install and I don't really have a way to double check that something else hasn't gone wrong. For some reason my keyboard hasn't been working since Unibeast started, but my mouse appears to have stopped working since the install started.

I am just wondering whether this is a problem I should actually wait out, or if there's something I can try to avoid wasting my time. So far the problems I have run into are the following:

1) panic: 0xdeadbeef upon Unibeast boot / white screen of death ---> solved by removing one of two 8gb ram sticks
2) harddrive wouldn't show up as choice for installation ---> solved by partitioning into Mac OS Extended (journaled) using Mac Disk Utility

In case it's relevant, here are my hardware specs:

Gigabyte Z97-UD5H
i7-4790K
Geforce 760 (I left this in because I could not get my monitor to display without it -Dell U2412M)
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (8GB) Low Profile; other 8GB stick currently removed
Samung 840 EV0 250GB

I found that lots of Homebrew files in /usr/local causes the Yosemite installer to hang at the "2 minutes remaining" mark, because its estimation gets thrown off. You can press Command+L to open up the logs and see activity, even though the progress bar hung at "2 minutes remaining" for over an hour on my machine.

On the other hand, my installer was actually hanging (no progress at all) until I used the "-no-zp" flag from the boot screen.

So if you can open the logs with Command+L and see new entries, just wait it out. Otherwise your installer is probably hanging.

Thanks for the input; it was definitely hanging.

I restarted my system; replugged my keyboard to another location, and somehow it went through. So I don't know what fixed it, but I am into OS X now, so it's working.

That said, I tried putting a command (apple+L) while UniBeast was loading, and that froze it, so I think my keyboard has something to do with it. It is a Logitech K750 Solar.

Mine actually stopped at 2 min, and stayed there for about 30 min, but did finish. I didn't think to check log. However I wanted to give it benefit of doubt and wait a long time, and it did finish, eventually.

Mine actually stopped at 2 min, and stayed there for about 30 min, but did finish. I didn't think to check log. However I wanted to give it benefit of doubt and wait a long time, and it did finish, eventually.
did your mouse pointer stop working as well?

@Jasonnz2018, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

did your mouse pointer stop working as well?

Mine did. I'm currently trying to install High Sierra, and I'm freezed at "About 2 minutes remaining" with the pointer not working. How did it turn out for you?

Does anyone have the same issue?

just do hard reset i think its about 3 times, then the install will work, i think its something to do with the video driver, but thats how i install it, once its install it will work perfect

hope this helps

Mine did. I'm currently trying to install High Sierra, and I'm freezed at "About 2 minutes remaining" with the pointer not working. How did it turn out for you?

Does anyone have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back