Contribute
Register

Inspiron 5482 Near Perfect Compatibility.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5482
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro

Today I have completed my first attempt at a Hackintosh and am excited to report back. Thanks to the guides found online, it was more reading than troubleshooting.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-8565U (8) @ 1.80GHz

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620

Ram: 8GB

Storage: 256 NVME SSD (MAC), Samsung 1TB EVO SSD (Windows)

The Kexts and EFI folder used were found from this guide:

https://github.com/daggeryu/DELL-Inspiron_5488_5480_5580_5482_5582_Hackintosh

Following the Chinese guide via google translate was at times difficult but what it really came down to was making a Vanilla copy on a USB, Partitioning for clover, copying EFI, then running the .command files found in ALCPlugFix folder. Just want to thank the hackintosh community for providing support and detailed guides! Hopefully this can help someone else with similar specs to mine. :)

Everything but Sleep & Wifi work but my DW1820A is arriving shortly.

if anyone has any suggestions as to helping wake up after Sleep mode, all input it greatly appreciated!

Motherboard
Dell 5482
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
iOS
I know the author of this guide, Daggeryu, very well. He teamviewered into my PC several times and assisted me with this laptop. To fix the issue that you are having with sleep not working, you must go into the BIOS and disable Intel Software Guard Extensions.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5482
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
I know the author of this guide, Daggeryu, very well. He teamviewered into my PC several times and assisted me with this laptop. To fix the issue that you are having with sleep not working, you must go into the BIOS and disable Intel Software Guard Extensions.
Thanks been meaning to update the post! I have WiFi & Sleep working with respectable battery life. My only current issue is enabling Bluetooth & handoff for iPad . Kexts are installed and I can see other devices but can not connect.

Motherboard
Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Any chance either of you could give a quick overview and point to specific pages to get this laptop working?
I just bought one used because of your encouraging posts.
I followed the below guide to get Mojave on a Dell Optiplex 9020 and then upgraded to Catalina.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5482
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Any chance either of you could give a quick overview and point to specific pages to get this laptop working?
I just bought one used because of your encouraging posts.
I followed the below guide to get Mojave on a Dell Optiplex 9020 and then upgraded to Catalina.
I'd be more than happy to share my current EFI folder. :) I didn't get here all by myself. What is your exact model number?

Motherboard
Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Thank you so much Christian!
I will get the computer on Monday.

It is a Dell Inspiron 5482 2-in-1 and has:
i5-8265U
Intel UHD Graphics 620
16 GB RAM
512GB SSD NVME
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560

I saw your post on another website about a Vanilla copy on USB, I gotta read up on that.
Also, I believe the process of creating the USB is different from Mojave to Catalina?
If you have a minute can you please tell me about any "gotchas" or any other web pages I could read before Monday?

Motherboard
Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Thank you, I ordered one.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5482
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD-620
Hi @CristianPardo or any one here, Can you help me with steps for this? I recently ordered Dell laptop with same configuration 8gb DDR4 and have been trying to install hackintosh. First step for creating bootable usb doesnt seem to be happening properly. I created partition on USB by using clover and using standard options with out customizations. But USB doesnt seem to be detecting as expected. I have secure boot turned off and enabled legacy boot options. Boot from USB option appears but ends up in error screen saying could not boot. Do you know where I can check this?