Contribute
Register

Inspiron 15-3521: Can't get sleep to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
my hibernation not working, sleep no problem, however when waking from hibernation, resuming hibernated mac on clover([r4506] ) boot menu results in instant reboot, and hibernation state is gone.

Hibernation is not supported on Hackintoshes. Reference: this guide.

Ah, I was unaware of that. Thanks for the correction. I just assumed Rehabman's guide was accurate.

he probably just couldn't be bothered, and no point for hibernation on desktop anyway.
I was able to enable hibernation with the help of hibernationfixup.kext on previous version

Hi! I just got around to fixing my Hacktop up to the way it was before (it took about a day and a half). Nevertheless, the patchmatic output decompiles now (Yay!).

Current state of sleep is that screen goes black, and nothing can wake it up. I tried both keyboard and the power button.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

Ah, I was unaware of that. Thanks for the correction. I just assumed Rehabman's guide was accurate.

Best to disable hibernation.
HibernationFixup.kext may help you implement it, but you'll likely have issues even with it.

I made some progress with darkwake=0/2. It seems now, after waiting a minute or two, the laptop does seem to go to sleep. The fans stop whirring, the display/indicator lights turn off. If I try to wake it up, the indicators come on, the fans/HDD starts whirring, the backlight comes on but the screen is completely black. I've Googled, and this seems to be a backlight issue (which is weird because my backlight and brightness controls work fine).

The second issue it could be is a bad EDID, but in your guide you say that's just for Skylake/Kaby Lake systems, and mine is an Ivy Bridge. Is it worth trying?

The third thing would be calling _OFF on wake and _ON on sleep. I didn't do that yet, but I did disable my discrete GPU.

I tried raising the brightness and doing other stuff to fix the black screen, but to no avail. Here's the latest debug files for your convenience.

Attachments

• debug_5006.zip
    5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I made some progress with darkwake=0/2. It seems now, after waiting a minute or two, the laptop does seem to go to sleep. The fans stop whirring, the display/indicator lights turn off. If I try to wake it up, the indicators come on, the fans/HDD starts whirring, the backlight comes on but the screen is completely black. I've Googled, and this seems to be a backlight issue (which is weird because my backlight and brightness controls work fine).

The second issue it could be is a bad EDID, but in your guide you say that's just for Skylake/Kaby Lake systems, and mine is an Ivy Bridge. Is it worth trying?

The third thing would be calling _OFF on wake and _ON on sleep. I didn't do that yet, but I did disable my discrete GPU.

I tried raising the brightness and doing other stuff to fix the black screen, but to no avail. Here's the latest debug files for your convenience.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back