Contribute
Register

Inside MultiBeast: New FakeSMC Plugins and Hardware Monitoring App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Inside MultiBeast: New FakeSMC Plugins and Hardware Monitoring App

I am running ML 10.8.2 with GA-B75M-D3H and Intel Xeon 1230v2 , everything work greats. however , I install FakeSMC and it report CPU heatsink 201 degree, anyone has the same problem ?

I know its not the same, but i'm running 10.8.1 (going to update later today once I have a backup), and I get an ambient temp in the 120ºC's on a Z77N-WiFi. Everything else seems to look ok though.

I'm presuming its just a glitch, otherwise I probably wouldn't have had much sleep last night.

All in all this is a great tool, I'm using the stock fan so I'll use it to compare once I get a better cooler. (Eisberg perhaps)

Only displayed HD temps on:

Supermicro X8DAL Dual Xeon.

There was, however, an older version of this soft that did work:

http://www.osx86.net/view/3093-fakesmc_r616_[stable_smc_emulator].html

Installed was their fakesmc (with KextBeast) and IntelCpuMonitor. The app you can just drag and drop.

Edit: Works fantastic by the way. I have an analogue voltage controller for my CPU fans, and now I can finally fine-tune their speed. Together with the activity monitor, I'm very happy :)

installed HWMonitor and the plugins, the application runs but no show nothing, Restart, not going up the OS :-o :crazy:. Reinstall the OS , update, all...:rolleyes: and check another look :ugeek: and by making the cache and repair permissions with Kext utility, I realized that, no kexts installed o_O. only in the / System / Library / Extensions /, FakeSMC.kext, but does not install any other kext:think:. :beachball: and now???

Yes it's the Asus P8Z77-M Pro. So does that mean no support for Asus boards? Only for Gigabyte? HWMonitor works perfect with the Asus board but only with FakeSMC from MB 5.1.1 (also the rest like sleep/shutdown...). Is there a big difference?

Similar situation with the P8Z77-I. I started with M/L and FakeSMC from MB 5.1.2 and a previous version of HW Monitor. As suggested, I renamed existing .app to 'HW Monitor - Legacy' and tried the MB 5.1.3 FakeSMC and FakeSMC Plugins but got an install error.

Removed the Plugin Kext folders and new HW Monitor .app (yes it did show up but didn't work) and tried again. Install successful this time but nothing showing up in HW Monitor Histo Graphs and only 2 check boxes under Menu Items.

Final solution, using old MB 5.1.2, I installed FakeSMC *only* as Huberer above, but still no joy until I noticed there was no MotherboardSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins (S/L/E). Luckily I hadn't emptied the trash and I copied the MB 5.1.2 MotherboardSensor.kext folder back and all worked great. Started HW Monitor and all options (Cores, HDD, SDD, CPU, Fans, Voltages, etc) showing up. Only problem now is when I've started up today I have lost the extra fans and voltages.... might try MB 5.1.1 later.

I get an odd reading on one of my SSD's.
Under "SSD Remaning Life" it shows in red -9037453471701%.
I've got no clue what to make of it. Also, it shows the two SSD's I got installed as being a freezing 32° (I don't think so... but I did set the temps to display in Fahrenheit.

ps - I tried to upload a png of the menu but I haven't yet figured that out here. :(

Ok, I think I've got the image uploaded. Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 3.08.26 PM.png

I take it the GPUSensors.kext doesn't support temperature monitoring. My GTX 660 Doesn't report temperatures and in verbose boot it see geforcesensors fatal unknown kepler chipset

I take it the GPUSensors.kext doesn't support temperature monitoring. My GTX 660 Doesn't report temperatures and in verbose boot it see geforcesensors fatal unknown kepler chipset

I've got GPU temps and GPU Fan RPMs with a GTX 670. Still haven't got around to trying to get additional Fans and Voltages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back