Contribute
Register

Inside MultiBeast: New FakeSMC Plugins and Hardware Monitoring App

Status
Not open for further replies.
System still nice and stable here - the new MultiBeast513 install of FakeSMC and the sensors works like a charm ...

Except for the hard-disk. Nothing shows up in the list. Mine is a WD Caviar Blue 500gb.

I've been over to the netkas, kozlek and Project OS X web pages but can't find a list of specs for what and what isn't supported. Also no "extra" plug-ins available.

I notice a WD HD is shown in the screen-grabs above... Is it only for certain types of HD?

Thanks for any pointers

:)

I think this little app is fantastic!
I've even managed to get it running well on Snow Leopard by getting rid of Extra/M Kext/Extensions and installing the three kexts I previously had in there installed into S/L/E instead.
I used Kext Wizard to do this and just copied my Mountain Lion FakeSMC over and installed it in S/L/E on SL.

Downloaded and installed the 64-bit 1.0.115 installer package from kozlek's github. Also getting the SystemUIServer crash upon waking from sleep. I too would like to know what the other branch is that works. Is it 1.0.112 from kozlek's develop branch? I had to stop using Slice's because of a memory leak.

Article: Inside MultiBeast: New FakeSMC Plugins and Hardware Monitoring App

When you checked the Plugins box, did you uncheck ACPISensors? Or does MultiBeast not have that option?
MultiBeast has no options for individual plugins, it installs all of them.

MultiBeast has no options for individual plugins, it installs all of them.
According to kozlek's installer, you shouldn't install ACPISensors unless you edit your DSDT to work with it. Then again, maybe it simply won't load, like Slice's version (although it seemed to cause me problems anyway).

According to kozlek's installer, you shouldn't install ACPISensors unless you edit your DSDT to work with it. Then again, maybe it simply won't load, like Slice's version (although it seemed to cause me problems anyway).
Works fine with a DSDT or with a DSDT free motherboard like the GA 7 Series.

I tried to install FakeSMC with mb 5.1.3 i got KP, then i tried with HWSensors 64bit 1.0.116.pkg but HWMonitor wont show any temp or nothing....
how i can get my hw temps back... :S please i need help

Fresh install, , Z77X-UD5H, 3770k, HD4000. No overclocking yet. Multibeast 5.1.3. FakeSMC and Plugins. HWMonitor doesn't show anything. I did it twice so i decided to remove the plugins. Waiting for a solution. Everything else works really really great. Don't understand.

1. with Kext Wizard repair permissions and rebuild cache
2. renamed FakeSMC.kext to FakeSMC1.kext
3. Kext Wizard => repair permissions + rebuild cache
4. MB 5.1.3 => installed FakeSMC + both plugins
5. Kext Wizard => repair permissions + rebuild cache
6. Reboot

This works for me for Full Sensor show. Thanks.

Thanxs. Just rename it. Everything works fine now except one thing. Can't see the temperature of my ssd. Maybe it's normal (no censor?). Not a big deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back