Contribute
Register

Inside MultiBeast: Audio and HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Inside MultiBeast: Audio and HDMI Audio

why there's no support for ALC888s ???

My DH55TC with an ALC888s works fine (input, output working) with the ALC888 kexts.

I have 888s and was trying to get 887 to work as threads said 888s was rebranded 887.
Mine works now with 888 legacy and dsdt. I did setup HDMI audio first. Now both work on Foxconn H67s.

hi tonymac, were you able to integrate the mismatched SB/IVB w/ Z68/Z77 fixes? Example: i5-2500K (HD3000) on Z77, Example 2: i5-3570K (HD4000) on Z68. thanks!

After updating to 10.8.2 i couldn't boot, removed the oemSMBIOS.kext, and everything is now working exept audio. When I install the new multibeast, and select ALC889 with DSDT - the installer fails, I dont know whats wrong :( the installer log says:
Oct 21 14:26:45 localhost installd[519]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7fd584d01770 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd584d02080 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)", NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=(
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
)} {
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)\"";
arguments = (
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
);
}
Oct 21 14:26:45 localhost Installer[507]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Oct 21 14:26:46 localhost Installer[507]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Oct 21 14:26:46 localhost Installer[507]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Please help....

Hi. I am not sure to understand at all the implications of this new version. I have the GA-Z77-UD5H-Wifi motherboard (so AL898) and with the previous multibeast , only the orange port at the back would send sound to my speakers and I didn't have the front audio port (i.e headphones) working. I have run the new Multebeast and checked again ALC898 , and after install my front audio is still not working. However I noticed that when I plug my headphones on the front audio port, then, in my sound preferences screen, A "Headphones" entry replaces "Internal Speakers", so in some way connections to this port are being recognized, but no sound gets out of my headphones. Is there something obvious that I am missing here ?

how working? on GA-X79-UD5 ALC898. not work.

Anyone have this working on a Asus Sabertooth X79?

Works great, was on Toleda's Lion AppleHDA previously (layout-id:392), now using layout-id:3 on a Zotac Z77ITX. Analog & HDMI sound working fine.

how working? on GA-X79-UD5 ALC898. not work.

Delete all the files of the audio register for hd
Transfer the files I sent you a folder
System/Library/Extensions

Attachments

• Kexts for GA-X79-UD5.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 109

Not sure if this works for everyone else but I've found you can also identify which codec your motherboard uses by looking at the audio section in system profiler. If you are running Mountain Lion choose about this Mac from the Apple menu, click "More Info, click "System Report", click "Audio", then click "Intel High Definition Audio". Under "Audio ID" you'll find the codec your board is using. I've added a screenshot with from my system that uses the 889 codec.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 8.08.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 8.08.19 PM.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back