Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
2787035531_066ba1ee85.jpeg
The latest MultiBeast has brought many changes and improvements. One of these is the inclusion of toleda's patched AppleHDA audio drivers made specifically for motherboards featuring the Realtek ALC888, ALC887/888b, ALC889, ALC885/889a, ALC892 or ALC898 codecs. These codecs have been in every single CustoMac we've ever recommended. To find out which audio codec is on your board, visit the manufacturer's website.

Open MultiBeast and scroll to the Drivers & Bootloaders > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx. You will want to select one of these options depending on if you have a DSDT (for example, Pre-2012 recommendations) or if your motherboard doesn't require one (for example, any Gigabyte H77/Z77 CustoMac 2012 recommendations).
mb.png
According to the MultiBeast documentation, if your motherboard requires a DSDT, a choice in the With DSDT section:

Replaces the current AppleHDA.kext with a patched 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext to enable full functionality for the Realtek ALC888, ALC888b/887, ALC889, ALC889a/885 or ALC892 high-definition audio codecs. Edits by toleda. Patches /Extra/DSDT.aml to replace the appropriate layout-id with layout-id 1.

If your motherboard does not require a DSDT, a choice in the Without DSDT section:

Installs HDAEnabler1.kext and replaces the current AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with a patched 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext to enable full functionality for the Realtek ALC888, ALC888b/887, ALC889, ALC889a/885 or ALC892 high-definition audio codecs. AppleHDA.kext edits by toleda.

So what does this mean?

In previous versions of OS X, the AppleHDA patches used a layout-id that matched the codec device id. In the Mountain Lion versions, instead of a device id for layout-id there are now three common layout-id's, 1 , 2 and 3. You inject the layout-id via the DSDT or through HDAEnabler.kext.

layout-id 1
Default. Supports all onboard analog and digital input and output options.​
1.png in.png

layout-id 2
Optional for 3 port audio layouts. Remaps audio input and output ports for 5.1 analog support.
1.png in2.png

layout-id 3
Required for onboard HDMI audio. Limited analog output options.
3.png in.png

Here's a great table toleda has put together with the details for each layout. Use it to determine which layout works best for your requirements.

ml_Audio_Configurations.png
For most circumstances, the defaults in MultiBeast will give you the maximum onboard audio functionality, unless you want HDMI audio. HDMI audio requires a DSDT with specific graphics edits. Check out toleda's detailed Mountain Lion AppleHDA writeup and HDMI Audio guide for additional documentation and credits.

Related:
Mountain Lion HDMI Audio
tonymacx86 Forum: HDMI Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow u guys ROCK I found out last night when I reinstall ML in ga z77 ds3h and my audio wasn't working so I try it out with the hdmi and it work out of the box

Article: Inside MultiBeast: Audio and HDMI Audio

Is there a plan to get the Mute working? Just curious...very thankful for what you guys know and do. :)

My gigabyte X79 UD3 no DSDT I try all multbeast No audio

why there's no support for ALC888s ???

Article: HDMI Audio

Gigabyte
GA-Z68XP-UD5/GTX670 G/E/N Intel Core i7-2600K... version MultiBeast 5.1 for OS X Mountain Lion. HDMI via GTX670

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.2 KB · Views: 345
Article: Inside MultiBeast: Audio and HDMI Audio

My gigabyte X79 UD3 no DSDT I try all multbeast No audio

use the interim lion applehda kext

Really I don't know what to say , this is very good job you did here.
you are the best .

After installing the alc888, upon reboot the keyboard and mouse about a 5 min delay of input at the login screen, after that everything works flawlessly but it is kind of a pain waiting 5 minutes just to put your password in to get into the OS, and this only happens after i install the audio driver.....anybody else having this issue?

GA-H77-DS3H i3 2100 GeForce 8400 GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back