Contribute
Register

insanity83NL's Build: Core i7 4770K - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming - MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur with insanity83NL. :thumbup:

markwenguojie94, since you have a GTX 970, your system has different installation procedures because it requires the nVidia Web Drivers to work with Yosemite and El Capitan unlike insanity83NL's GTX 760 which works with the Apple drivers (since 10.8.5).

Cheers for the reply buddy ;)

For everyone who is waiting on a full install with these specs to El Cpaitan, I'm currently doing a fresh reinstall of my hackintosh and will be posting the detail in a complete new post, since I have new components in my build.

Please be patients for the install guide. Will post a link to the new threat when it is done ;)

GL & HF guys

***UPDATE***
I've got the El Capitan Tutorial ready and posted guys:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...i-geforce-gtx-960-oc-edition.html#post1153648

Enjoy !!

Hello @insanity83NL,
I plan on installing Hackintosh on my PC (same Motherboard, i7 4770, same graphics card) but I'm a little bit unsure if I really want to do it, because I need to flash the bios.
My questions:
I never heard of "flashing the bios" before, is it unsafe (could the motherboard be "ruined" when doing this?), will Windows 7 still work fine with the flashed bios and is there a way to back up the BIOS before doing this (if it breaks)?
And: You installed Mavericks on the PC first, would it sill work if I directly install 10.11 El Captian?

Thank you for your article,
vantezzen

Hello @insanity83NL,
I plan on installing Hackintosh on my PC (same Motherboard, i7 4770, same graphics card) but I'm a little bit unsure if I really want to do it, because I need to flash the bios.
My questions:
I never heard of "flashing the bios" before, is it unsafe (could the motherboard be "ruined" when doing this?), will Windows 7 still work fine with the flashed bios and is there a way to back up the BIOS before doing this (if it breaks)?
And: You installed Mavericks on the PC first, would it sill work if I directly install 10.11 El Captian?

Thank you for your article,
vantezzen

Hi there,

you are posting in the wrong forum section. Please read the rules.
For your questions I would advise you to go to the installation section:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/

Second:
My post started almost 1,5 years ago. If you read through the posts, you'll see other people confirming my methods.
If you don't trust it, I can only say: Than don't do it.
Flashing the bios is far from unstable, depending what the flashed part is in your bios.
In this build the flashed bios is needed so the OS X UniBeast will function. If you do not do this, there is no installation possible with OS X

Thirth:
You asking me what will happen if you directly start with El Capitain installation, because I started with Mavericks, you clearly haven't read my post. Please check the updates on the first posts. I guess it's a lot to read

I'm just showing everyone the proper ways the get a hackintosch working ;)

GL & HF

Last edited:
Oh sorry :oops:
I hope this time its the right section:
Have you set both SSDs to master(Jumper settings)? (Havn't found any results for that in the search)
You used completely different Drivers in your Beast1.1 build, should I use those instead?

vantezzen

Oh sorry :oops:
I hope this time its the right section:
Have you set both SSDs to master(Jumper settings)? (Havn't found any results for that in the search)
You used completely different Drivers in your Beast1.1 build, should I use those instead?

vantezzen

Hi vantezzen,

this is still the post installation section. Please redirect your questions to the link I gave you.
Also I need to note I didn't used different drivers.

My advise to you is to research first before posting. It might help you in understanding the awnsers you will receive in the other forum section ;)

How about if you want macOS Sierra?

Sorry for my very late reply.
I do not use the gfx card in this build anymore. Although I am planning to make a Sierra installation with the nvidia gtx 960 gfx card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back