Contribute
Register

insanity83NL's Build: Core i7 4770K - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming - MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the onboard ethernet work?

I'm planning to yosemite on:

Msi Z87-G45 Gaming
i5 4560k
16b kingston ram
500GB Samsung Evo 850 ssd

Yes it does. As long as you install KillerEthernet drivers through Multibeast. System needs to be rebooted after installation before ethernet will work

Hi,
Thank you very much for the very detailed guide. I was wondering if you could help me out as I'm a noob when it comes to installing these things. I recently managed to install OS X (thanks to your guide) but i can't get into the operating system without using (nv_disable=1). And even after I get in the operating system is really slow. Is there anyway to fix this?

My specs:
MSI Z87-G45
Intel i7 4770k
MSI GTX 970
Corsair RM750
8gb RAM
Thanks in advance

Hi,
Thank you very much for the very detailed guide. I was wondering if you could help me out as I'm a noob when it comes to installing these things. I recently managed to install OS X (thanks to your guide) but i can't get into the operating system without using (nv_disable=1). And even after I get in the operating system is really slow. Is there anyway to fix this?

My specs:
MSI Z87-G45
Intel i7 4770k
MSI GTX 970
Corsair RM750
8gb RAM
Thanks in advance

Hi there,

first off, I'm glad to read my post helped you forward in installing your hackintosh.
Second; the command that you post here tells me you used the clover installation instead of the chimera installation.
Unfortunatly I do not know how a clover installation work, so currently I can't give any support on the matter.
My advise would be to search this forum on how people got the nvidia gtx 970 working on a clover installation.

I am planning to use a Clover installation on a seperate ssd, however due to a busy life I can't say when this will happen.

Hope to have informed you properly.

GL & HF

Last edited:
I am dual booting OS X on my pc, tell me if i can do it:

EVGA GTX 770 4GB
MSI Z87-G45
Intel i5 4670k
16 gb balistix ram

Hey insanity, nice guide.
I'm planning on booting into my first Hackintosh and am wondering with my mobo (MSI Z87i), which can't be that dissimilar to yours, would I be able to perhaps go by your MultiBeast config a little? I mean, I'm just assuming since MSI Z87 boards are a bit similar and have similar BIOS configs it would make sense to go by yours. I'm just asking your opinion on this because I'm a bit of a noob and there's not many resources online for my particular model mobo. I know u might not know obviously because you only know your motherboard but I just wanted to understand your rationale for your MultiBeast config. Thanks.

Hey insanity, nice guide.
I'm planning on booting into my first Hackintosh and am wondering with my mobo (MSI Z87i), which can't be that dissimilar to yours, would I be able to perhaps go by your MultiBeast config a little? I mean, I'm just assuming since MSI Z87 boards are a bit similar and have similar BIOS configs it would make sense to go by yours. I'm just asking your opinion on this because I'm a bit of a noob and there's not many resources online for my particular model mobo. I know u might not know obviously because you only know your motherboard but I just wanted to understand your rationale for your MultiBeast config. Thanks.

Hi there,

to be sure if my multibeast settings would work with your mobo, check the specs of both mobo on MSI website.
Second I DO NOT advise you to use my flashed bios for your mobo, since every mobo type has their own mobo software.

GL & HF

Got working 10.10 with Clover on the MSI Z87-G45 without any problems. Just having trouble with the sound kext, but beside that it works like a charm!

Got working 10.10 with Clover on the MSI Z87-G45 without any problems. Just having trouble with the sound kext, but beside that it works like a charm!

Hi Flanders,

that is great news! Maybe you could share how you installed it with clover. Maybe a small tutorial here ;)
It would not only help me, but a lot of other people as well ;)

Regarding your sound, if you have the same mobo as the rest of us here, use multibeast to install the correct kext. When installed reboot the system and go to your sound setting. Select internal speakers and sound should work properly ;)

Cheers in advance buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back