CPU
i7-3770s
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone. Just made a pretty hefty purchase... (imo) What do you think about it?

32 GB 1600 Mhz Memory

i7-3770k (unlocked)

Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H Mobo

Liquid cool setup for CPU

GTX 670 Gfx card

Thermaltake VM70001W2Z Armor A30 Case

256gb SSD

3 TB hd

total: $1627.36

I believe it should all be working in ML, No?

Why a Q77? I am lost on that purchase.

It is made to be more of a temp mobo really. I could have done more research, but i didn't know too many other micro ATX mobo's that are compatible.. i have another micro atx case that i am looking to start building up as well.. so i figure until i find another (better) mobo, i will use this one :/

Pretty nice setup. I was going to purchase a similar design...I was wondering which GTX 670 you bought and why?

Pretty nice setup. I was going to purchase a similar design...I was wondering which GTX 670 you bought and why?

Thanks.

I purchased the EVGA 670. I have ALWAYS gone with EVGA.. usually motherboard's i buy are EVGA as well. i find their quality to be absolutely amazing. Never disappointing.

I just realized how ****ty that Mobo makes my build look :(

I am sad now.

Why not the ASUS or MSI 670? EVGA only makes reference models...

Your build is good if your not planning to overclock. If you do and you want to keep it in matx form then may I suggest changing the board for a asus p8z77-m pro.
With the setup you have and the asus board you should be able to hit an overclock of somewhere around 4.5ghz up to 4.8ghz with no problem, the q77m means your gonna be stuck at stock with the CPU.
I made the exact same mistake with my 1st build but luckly I sold the system on and built a new one using the non pro version of the above asus board. (And have since sold 3 more hackintosh's and rebuilt my system again and again..haha) (its addictive) :)

Best mATX board is the Asus Maximus V Gene...world record overclocks on it using the i7 3770k. Ideally you would want Asus Maximus V Gene, i7 3770k, Asus Gtx DCii TOP 670.

Best mATX board is the Asus Maximus V Gene...world record overclocks on it using the i7 3770k. Ideally you would want Asus Maximus V Gene, i7 3770k, Asus Gtx DCii TOP 670.

This is very true and it is a great board but do bare in mind that its expensive and I doubt you would get anymore oc out of it then you would with a p8z77-m pro simply because to get a solid overclock past 4.8ghz you going to need more then just a good water loop and possibly have to reseat the cpu's heat spreader using better thermal paste.
to me that's abit overkill but hey that's just me. :)

This is very true and it is a great board but do bare in mind that its expensive and I doubt you would get anymore oc out of it then you would with a p8z77-m pro simply because to get a solid overclock past 4.8ghz you going to need more then just a good water loop and possibly have to reseat the cpu's heat spreader using better thermal paste.
to me that's abit overkill but hey that's just me. :)

this isn't very pricy.. should i jut go with this board everyone?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2522296&CatId=6976

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back