Contribute
Register

Inject EDID via Clover, with two monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Hi,

I have two monitors connected to my GPU (DP and DVI-D), and I would like to override the EDID table of one, connected via DP. How do I do that with Clover? I am not sure how it chooses which display it overrides the EDID for (via dev_id and vendor_id, or connection?)

Thanks. Sorry for making a new thread, but all the EDID threads I found were focused on laptops or really old, and didn't want to necropost. Please merge if mods think so.

I am not sure why you want to do this or what problems you are having.
My understanding is that the older AMD card you have should support two monitors, even of varying resolutions, as Sierra does.
One issue I have noted using dual monitors/different resolutions with an nVidia 970 and their drivers is that if the two monitors are turned on at boot both Sierra and Windows 10 will see the lower resolution monitor as primary--if that is the issue the easy solution is just boot with the monitor turned on that is your primary display, in my case a 4k monitor.

Well, I did change the AMD 280X for Nvidia 1080, but both work with two monitors fine. Issue is different. Apparently the monitor in question (4K Dell) does support 10-bit colour pipeline, which as far as I know is finally supported in OS X (although barely), but the EDID does not state so. My apps do support 10-bit pipeline (Photoshop, ...). So I thought by editing the EDID with the proper bits set for 30-bit colour according to VESA specs, would OS X recognise the monitor as 10-bit display and would it work with the supported software in 30-bit. According to few posts elsewhere, people did manage that and confirmed with a banding test in PS.

The problem is, how is injecting EDID handled with two monitors (couldn't find any answer to that), and finally, when I tried it with the second monitor unplugged, and put the new EDID in Clover Configurator, it didn't work. IOReg still showed the old EDID got loaded. Do I have to enable some other options for the EDID override in Clover? Thanks.

Bump. I need the answer to this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back