Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Inject audio HDMI with custom values - APPLEHDA (appleHDAcontroller.kext) gtx970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to write in Find: DE101A0E

Then, checking the whole the ssdt is detected. I don't know if you need the patch, you got it wrong.

Then pay attention to setting the layout id. In clover in config.plist it is located in Devices / Audio / Inject = (number to inject)

Ps. Ho letto grazie, se sei italiano scriviamo in italiano

No, please only post in English. Thank you. :thumbup:

No, also in config.plist

No, also in config.plist
Not sure if this is what you meant, but simple search of config.plist on DE101A0E was negative.
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.13.38 AM.png

Not sure if this is what you meant, but simple search of config.plist on DE101A0E was negative.View attachment 518940

As far as I can see - may be wrong - but "DE101A0E" is in the AppleHDAController.kext executable, which itself is a plug-in within the AppleHDA.kext package.

Could be wrong, as I say. I'm no expert on AppleHDA editing.

HDA.jpg

If it exists in config.plist then it must be a Find/Replace already in place etc. :)

(Doh! But you already knew that, I understand now. Sorry for intruding... :D )

Last edited:
You got the patch wrong, you entered in the config.plist via Opencore. You must enter this address to be replaced. Instead you entered another address in find: ......

This is the patch:
Comment - string - 10.13.6-Nvidia_HDMI_Audio
Disabled - Boolean - NO
Find - Data - DE101A0E (old address to be replaced)
InfoPlistPatch - Boolean - NO
MatchOS - String - 10.13.6
Name - String - com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController
Replace - Data - (your adress)

As far as I can see - may be wrong - but "DE101A0E" is in the AppleHDAController.kext executable, which itself is a plug-in within the AppleHDA.kext package.

Could be wrong, as I say. I'm no expert on AppleHDA editing.

View attachment 518941

If it exists in config.plist then it must be a Find/Replace already in place etc. :)

(Doh! But you already knew that, I understand now. Sorry for intruding... :D )

Yes, it is that plugin that is going to change :thumbup:

Not sure if this is what you meant, but simple search of config.plist on DE101A0E was negative.View attachment 518940
Layout ID = I see from ioreg, that the layout id is set to 7. This in my opinion is not good and should instead be set to 3. Because 3 corresponds to the outputs you have on your motherboard. Then you can try to edit config.plist and put layout id (audio) to 3, or install this simple Ssdt where layout 3 is assigned to HDEF device.
I attach below the ssdt which sets the layout id to 3.
This is very convenient for you as if you need to update the system, you just need to have the ssdt and not change anything in the bootloader.

PS.
But if you want to use this ssdt, you have to check when you extract the original tables that there is not another HDEF already defined. In that case it would conflict because there would be two of them and it wouldn't work.

This is instead the patch to the AppleHDAController kext in Config.plist.
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.13.6-Nvidia_HDMI_Audio</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>3hAaDg==</data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.6</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>3hAPDg==</data>
            </dict>

Attachments

• SSDT-HDEF-3.aml
    218 bytes · Views: 64
Last edited:
Also try to add this kext.

Attachments

• HDMIAudio.kext.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 72
As @Feartech pointed out, I shouldn't have used TextEdit to do a search on the config.plist. The correct address was in the find/replace, as shown in ProperTree in my post above. My patch omitted the <key>MatchOS</key <string>10.13.6</string> lines, so I just replaced my messy patch with yours from above.
I also added your SSDT and kext one by one, but still no HDMI audio.
I should mention that the HDMI audio DOES work in Windows, so this must be possible to fix in macOS....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back