Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Inject audio HDMI with custom values - APPLEHDA (appleHDAcontroller.kext) gtx970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ckrueger99, in config.plist to Kernel/Patch, you have to insert:

Name Find Replace
com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController DE101A0E DE100F0E

then in AppleALC/Resources/Controller.plist you have to find your gpu I think is GK208B.
(In my case is GM204 GPU) So replace in GK208 with DE100F0E. Build Kext and install it in EFI.

I have checked and this value is already set in AppleALC. So I Think you need only to modify config.plist.
But check anyway
From the AppleALC / Resources / controller.plist, I confirm that the value is already set:
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.19.05 PM.png

Kernal Patch is done:
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.45.18 PM.png

The problem now is the ssdt. Try this:

Attachments

• SSDT-6-gt710.aml
    321 bytes · Views: 64
can you send me your DSDT and SSDT?

Since your video card is recognized and working, there is no need to add any values, just the HDAU audio.

These are 2 patch for Dsdt e ssdt . You can modify them for your system
Here they are. Unless I'm mistaken, my SSDT is the same as yours except with "PEG1" replacing "PEG0". But even with kernel patch and SSDT, I still have no HDMI Audio. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot from here?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    275.1 KB · Views: 62
  • SSDT-HDMI-AUDIO.aml
    323 bytes · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.49.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.49.56 PM.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 69
Is your monitor detected correctly? Is graphics acceleration present?
What layout id do you use in clover?

1) Use patch for DSDT, rename HDAS to HDEF
You can also do it manually with Maciasl.
2) To find correct layout id, you have to know which is the model of your audio-device (I think for you is ALC1220 Audio Codec). so in AppleALC/(show package content)/contents/info.plist you have to find ALC1220 and see what is your. I think you should try them all. I have already searched: 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 11 - 13 - 15 - 16 - 21 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30.

If none of the above layouts worked, then:
3)Open DpciManager and take a screenshot.
4) attach a file of ioreg.

Finally I put all the patches and also the ssdt itself into the DSDT. If you want you can only use this:

Attachments

• dsdt(all).aml
    275 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Alternatively, with the DSDT (hdas to hdef) you can try this ssdt.

Attachments

• dsdt (only HDAS to HDEF).aml
    274.8 KB · Views: 68
  • SSDT-HDMI-AUDIO.aml
    348 bytes · Views: 70
Alternatively, with the DSDT (hdas to hdef) you can try this ssdt.
The monitor is correctly identified as a Samsung 1080p television. How do I identify whether graphics acceleration present? I'm not sure what you mean by layout id. In Device Properties, AAPL,ig-platform-id is "0300C89B".
I'm using OpenCore, so no modifications to DSDT are possible, I think.
You're right that my codec is ALC1220. I tried all 18 possible (why?) layout IDs, but none came up with the HDMI-out that I was looking for.
DCPI screenshots and a copy of IOReg are attached. Grazie.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 8.46.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 8.46.20 PM.png
    172 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 8.46.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 8.46.09 PM.png
    312.4 KB · Views: 70
  • iMac.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
From the AppleALC / Resources / controller.plist, I confirm that the value is already set:View attachment 518871

Try to write in Find: DE101A0E

Then, checking the whole the ssdt is detected. I don't know if you need the patch, you got it wrong.

Then pay attention to setting the layout id. In clover in config.plist it is located in Devices / Audio / Inject = (number to inject)

Ps. Ho letto grazie, se sei italiano scriviamo in italiano

Last edited:
Try to write in Find: DE101A0E

Then, checking the whole the ssdt is detected. I don't know if you need the patch, you got it wrong.

Then pay attention to setting the layout id. In clover in config.plist it is located in Devices / Audio / Inject = (number to inject)

Ps. Ho letto grazie, se sei italiano scriviamo in italiano
Where should I try to find DE101A0E? In Apple ALC? I'm not sure what is the purpose of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back