Contribute
Register

[initial success] Skull Canyon NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ubuntu 16.04

OK...thanks. I will extract ALC283 on the NUC6 using the same version (easier to compare).

BTW, let me know how the alternate audio patches (checked into config_nuc6_sc.plist) work/don't work.

I'm about to buy the skull canyon nuc (BOXNUC6i7KYK 6th Gen Core i7-6770HQ SkullCanyon NUC w/ 32GB DDR4 & 1TB SSD - Assembled and Configured by MITXPC). I'm physically disabled assemble my own kit. I have 2 questions; will this config make a good hackintosh and what guide is best to use for beginners? I'm going to need a lot of help ! Thanks :banghead:

I'm about to buy the skull canyon nuc (BOXNUC6i7KYK 6th Gen Core i7-6770HQ SkullCanyon NUC w/ 32GB DDR4 & 1TB SSD - Assembled and Configured by MITXPC). I'm physically disabled assemble my own kit. I have 2 questions; will this config make a good hackintosh and what guide is best to use for beginners? I'm going to need a lot of help ! Thanks :banghead:

Probably the most complete guide (but still a WIP):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.194177/

Thanks I'll try it ...

Last edited:
I ordered a CREATIVE SB Play 2 USB thingie for audio. That should work hopefully. Unfortunately it means one more USB port occupied... I'll also try an adapter from USB C to 3.0 and see if that'll give me one more usable port.

I ordered a CREATIVE SB Play 2 USB thingie for audio. That should work hopefully. Unfortunately it means one more USB port occupied... I'll also try an adapter from USB C to 3.0 and see if that'll give me one more usable port.

Please help with testing onboard audio. Thanks in advance.

Great. It will be nice to have more people helping test audio.

I'd like to help with the testing. But the last time I built a hackintosh, was when the OS X was still Snow Leopard.
But I'm new to Clover, and not quite familiar with the GIT steps. So it's like a newbie once again, and the learning curve might be steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back