1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everybody,
I'm going to build another hackintosh,
This time a Z170 with skylake...
I'm looking for the most compatible motherboard(easiest to install).......
And now I ask:
What are all the problem that mb have?
I know that ASMedia usb chipset many times causes problems, so I'll look for a mb that uses only Z170 chip for USB.....
What are other problematic chips ecc?

For my second hackintosh I had to work a lot to make Fresco FL1009 USB chip to work, this time I can't work so much, so I'm asking:
What are all the (also minimal) incompatible devices, chips ecc that create problems?
Or also: what are the most compatible devices? I know that everything could be compatible, if you make it compatible, but I need a list of things to be aware of during the choose of mb......
Thanks to everybody for sharing their experiences ;)
(And sorry for any English mistake ;) '

IMO, should have Intel NIC and latest audio codec, like AC1150.

Skylake itself has been known to have problems... Hopefully Kabylake will fix the Skylake problems.

As far as mobo problems, each may have problems specific to its manufacturer. You would probably need to read all the reviews on Newegg and Amazon to get an idea of what problems have been experienced; for example some mobos have been bricked by BIOS updates, some mobos can't deliver full RAM speeds, others have RAM slot problems, others have QC/QA problems, etc.

I don't know of any mobo that only uses Skylake USB and SATA ports. The ASMedia chip adds about $10 to the cost of a mobo and as we all know manufacturers love to install as many USB and SATA ports as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back