Contribute
Register

[INFO] ASUS ROG STRIX G531GT bios mod and hackintosh Mojave and/or Catalina install

Motherboard
HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mobile Phone
Android
After waiting for 10 mins, now it's showing me this, after disabling virtualsmc and all other smc's with it, cuz else it's stuck on *appleps2mouse probe leaving*

Attachments

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
After waiting for 10 mins, now it's showing me this, after disabling virtualsmc and all other smc's with it, cuz else it's stuck on *appleps2mouse probe leaving*
the message is still waiting for root device

make sure to use a USB2.0 usb installer and try all your ports on your laptop

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
you removed too much, it seems that the installer is unable to find the root partition

Motherboard
HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mobile Phone
Android
you removed too much, it seems that the installer is unable to find the root partition
So what I'm gonna do is that, I'm gonna format everything, and install it again. A fresh new start

Motherboard
HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mobile Phone
Android
the message is still waiting for root device

make sure to use a USB2.0 usb installer and try all your ports on your laptop
My laptop model only has USB 3.0

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
@KyleGaruda what to reinstall? You had macOS installed? Please confirm what macOS are you trying to install, the error regarding "waiting for root device" usually appear when the installer and/or macOS does not find the root partition, because a missing driver, you removed too many from your clover, please restore your EFI from my port #1 and put the patched DSDT in the right place, and then start the installer. Even there are a lot of unused drivers during install process they do not harm in general, only if they get stuck and then you can remove them one by one, however, all drivers from the EFI from #1 should work fine on your computer as long as it is Asus ROG Strix G531GT

Motherboard
ASUS G531GT
CPU
i5-9300H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1650
micron nvme ssd is most likely not supporting by macosx also dsdt is a mostly unique for a device you need to patch dsdt with a custom ssdt for working all laptops. Can you tell me witch patches are you yousing patch for dsdt I bought that pc recently but I have too much experience in hackintosh I can fix most of the issue of that device but for that I need to boot it first.
Micron nvme is a dead end so far so it needs to be change but even if I disable that device with a ssdt my system is freezing after keyboard kext so can you share dsdt patches instead of dsdt files please.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Great, let us know, this time you have your original DSDT patched, let see, sometimes my macOS restarts few times, mostly when i boot linux first, i was unable to see which is the cause, but after 3 or 4 restarts/kernel-panics run well, however, i started lately macOS only in virtual machine under linux

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
From the attached picture it seems that you do not use an original mojave image, there could be some issues from the image itself...